Chapter 5- Me and Katy's Conversation

Lizzy's POV

I am frustrated. I guess I went a little too overboard. I am just overwhelmed.

All this stuff is OVERWHELMING.

I don't know what to expect, but Katy really wants to talk to me. She's still standing out in the hall waiting for me to open my bedroom door. She might be my true mother, but it is my choice to trust her.

"C'mon! I am not leaving until this conversation is over!" Katy shouts.

"It IS over!" I shout back.

"Well, it's almost dinner time and if you don't come out I will have John make dinner! His special pasta and meatballs!" Oh, no. I hate Dad's pasta and meatballs. He always burns the meatballs and the pasta is always still hard. He doesn't boil the water. "Okay! I just won't eat dinner! You can't cummin anyway!

"I will break in! I will throw those pasta and meatballs all over you! I will shove it all in YOUR blabber-mouth full of rubbish! At least I think that's what you store in there." Katy says.

I don't know why, but I burst out laughing. This is so fun.

"What, you think I will leave? You think this is over? I swear I will break down that door. I swear you will be-"

Then she pauses. "Sorry." I finish for her.

I get in bed and take a nap. Once I wake up, I open my door a crack and see her still waiting out there. "Oh, will you just give up?" I ask.

"Nope." she answers. "Mom!" I yell.

"That's all I needed to hear." says Katy. I had to say that! She had to win!

Then I hear her walk away. Phew! I didn't let anything else out of my stupid blabber-mouth.

Why did I do that? Why did I just have to do that? I love annoying her and I just ruined it! How could I do that?!

"Wait! Wait! What did you wanna say to me?" I ask. When she comes back to the door I close it. Yes. There it is. "I am not going to let you do this. I'm going downstairs." says Katy.

Katy's POV

I make pretend footsteps to make her think I am actually going downstairs.

She opens her door and I run in her room. "Alright, what's gotten into you?" I ask. "You got me." says Lizzy. I close the door and lean against it so she can't get out.

I tell her she's lucky I'm not some evil kidnapper who is telling her to tell me where some kind of money is it person is or whatever. She tells me she knows that. "Just makin' sure. Now, what's up? You deserve to be happy and yes, I know I made you feel bad, but what do you know? I'm Katy Perry! Now that I have revealed my true self things have been really weird between us. Your father is very worried about you. Think about it. At least you know the truth about me. I mean c'mon! If you didn't, everything would be normal but don't you wanna know your true mother? I want you to know me like your mother. If you don't accept then..... I don't know what I'll do with you. I have something in mind though."

"What on earth will you do with ME?" asks Lizzy. "I will........... put you up for adoption." Lizzy smirks. "Yeah, this time it's not an insult, right?"

I don't answer. I just make eye contact with her. Her smirk has now disappeared. "What do you mean you will put me up for adoption?"

I look away, a tear streaming down my left eye.

"Answer me! Answer me!" screams Lizzy, crying. "That's my answer." I say and walk out of the room. I bump into a John that is on his way to the kitchen to make dinner.

"Excuse ME John, but what are you doing?" I ask. "Goin' down to make the-" then he stops. "Oh, that was a joke." he says. I nod. I call my driver, Shannon, and tell her I need a ride. "Are you serious? Why?" she asks. I tell her to just beep once she gets here. I should've never faked who I was. I don't know how I keep my life together, but I just do.

As I am waiting I think about our conversation. As in me and Lizzy's conversation. I wonder about her real feelings about me. She is really sealed. It is hard to tell how she feels sometimes and that's a fact for sure.

Lizzy's POV

I see a navy blue SUV pull into our driveway. I feel alone. My family is barely telling me the truth.

The SUV beeps twice and I see Katy running and getting into the SUV. Who was that? I am now curious. My friend Danny calls me but I don't know about answering. I think of me and Katy's conversation. Then I wonder about the conversation between me, Katy, Dad, and Nate. Nate must've said something to Dan. I am forbidden to answer.

Katy's POV

"Where are we gonna go?" asks Shannon. "Just taking a ride," I say casually. Even if I am using my causality power, Shannon knows there is something wrong.

"What's up?" she asks, pulling onto Garden Street. I tell her all about me and Lizzy's conversation. "Oh, that is really bad." says Shannon. "Yeah," I say. "I just don't know if I should put her up for adoption or not."

MESSAGE TO READERS

I don't know if anyone is doing some inferring anything, but I know just what to do. It'll be dramatic, I'll tell you that!

-CescaBL💙💜