Chapter 15-Daddy Problems

Nate's POV

After we kissed, Lizzy blushed, like, mad and she left. So did I. Now I'm in my room thinking all of this over. I can't believe Lizzy thinks her dad is on drugs! Trust me, I have met the guy, and I don't believe that one bit. I decide to text him, just to test out the guy.

Me: Hey, Bode! Whassup?

Mr. Bode: What the hell do you want? Drugs is the only way, okay, man? Don't go all crazy on me, man! Man, leave me alone, will ya, man?

Me: That's a lot of mans, man!

Mr. Bode has left the conversation.

I can't believe what I just read.

Lizzy's POV

I ask Shannon where she is going, and what do you know? She is going to see Justin. "I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! EVERYTHING IS ABOUT JUSTIN, JUSTIN, JUSTIN! DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT YOUR NEW DAUGHTER?! YOU KNOW, I ACTUALLY WISH THAT KATY WAS STILL MY MOM! I WISH SHE WAS WITH ME RIGHT NOW! I WANT MY REAL MOM BACK! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS STUPID JUSTIN! AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! I DON'T CARE WHAT KATY DID TO ME! SHE IS STILL MY MOM AND ALWAYS WILL BE! JUST BRING ME BACK TO MY OTHER LIFE! WHERE MY DOG COOPER IS! WHERE MY MOM IS! WHERE MY DAD IS NORMAL AND DOESN'T TAKE DRUGS! Where everything is supposed to be perfect." The last part I whispered.

"Well, then why don't you?" Shannon whispered. "Why don't I what?" I asked. "Follow your heart and dreams, get your real life back! All you need is help."

"You're right! C'mon and help me!" I said. She rolled her eyes and smiled.

^_^

Still Lizzy's POV

Once we are at the house, I smile. I ring the doorbell, and Dad opens the door. He drops the glass jar of drugs in his hands. "Lizzy, I'll stop, I'll stop, I'll stop! If you would just come back! I need you!" Dad said. "And I need you too." I said. Then I hugged him. He tensed up for a moment, but then hugged me back.

"I'm glad I have you back, Dad." I said. "You too, kiddo."

I am glad that I am the reason he started to take drugs.

Okay, that came out wrong.

What I meant to say is that I am glad he cares that much about me. He is really sweet about it. I mean, being my dad, he would never ever take drugs! I am so glad he cares that much about me!

But, we still need to talk about some daddy problems.

Well, maybe some mommy problems too. Daddy and mommy problems.

"Um, Dad, can we talk about you and Katy?"

"Don't worry, I will keep you as far away from her as I can."

"No, Dad, no!"

Shannon finally started to step into the conversation and said,"Listen, John. What she is trying to say is she wants her old life back. When you and Katy were back together, when Cooper was her very best friend. I hope you understand exactly what I am talking about." She gasped the last sentence out, because apparently she never took any breaths.

Also, Dad and I are still hugging. I pull back quickly.

"What?" Dad asks, looking at himself for any problems.

"You smell like B.O." I say in disgust.

"Gee, thanks. It's SO my fault that since I have been taking drugs I have refused to shower."

"Oh, right, the drugs! Are they still in you?" Shannon said in a voice that showed her worries. "Oh, um, probably not. I was just about to go and take some more, but I am glad you stopped me. It is really addicting, but now that you think about it, I will stop." He throws the bag into a trash can outside. "Basket!" he yells happily.

I smile at Dad and then tell him to go get Katy back. "Um, I can't." he says. "What?" I ask. "You are kidding." He shakes his head. "Nope. She is being seen with another man. It's all over the news."

"She will change her mind. I know she will." I say.

'"'"'""""""'''''""""""""""""""""'''''''""'''''''''''''

I knock on the door to Katy's mansion. "It's oooooopen!" she sings happily. I open the door with Shannon and Dad behind me. Katy's jaw drops.

"Oh, um, hi." she says, looking straight at Dad. A man is sitting next to her. They are watching a movie. Probably romance.

"I want you back, Elizabeth." he says to her. I look at him. He rolls his eyes.

"I have always called Katy by her middle name." he says. "It's a thing we have. She used to call me Paul."

I think about it for a moment. That's cool.

"Unique." I observe.

Katy looks at the man. "Zeke, I'm sorry, but if my daughter wants this, she will get it." Katy says. "I understand, Katy. I understand." Zeke says. He kisses her forehead and leaves. A tear escapes from my left eye.

"You are really doing this for me?" I ask. Katy opens her mouth to say something, but then the best thing happens.

Cooper runs down the stairs and tackles me. He showers me with kisses!

"Cooper!" I yell.

He licks me and licks me and licks me and licks me and licks me as Dad kisses Katy-Mom-and kisses Mom and kisses Mom.

.................................

So, how was it? Like it? Don't worry, it's not over yet! But sadly, it will be soon.

Remember to vote, comment, and follow! Love you all,

-FrancescaBL