Chapter 20-Men

Lizzy's POV

I can't breathe.

I can't think.

I think I'm gonna...

All of a sudden, my lunch doesn't come out the way it was supposed to. Shoot. I just puked. My life is OVER.

I delete Anthony's contact, and I just cry. I run as far as I can, and just to think that I am runaway Lizzy again makes me want to puke some more. Well, it makes my belly want to puke some more.

I bend over and puke on the sidewalk. I find myself at the entrance of Rile Park. I feel someone patting my back, and when I look up, it just happens to be my soon-to-be arch nemesis. "Hey, you okay? Did James say something? Virus? Bug? You need to get home."

"Oh, James said something alright. He told me the truth," I say, sending him daggers. "You are just a lie. An attractive lie. You said you loved me, I believed that you could make me forget about Nate. I thought that you would make my life easier to handle! I thought I would be able to hold your hand and forget about everything, only see the positive things. You only just made my life more negative, Anthony. And I hate you for that. I hate almost everything about you for that, except your charming smile and your looks. Other than that, you are just a lier. James told me the truth. James told me that you were a player ever since a girl named Serena broke up with him and you stole her from him, and blah blah blah. But just knowing that you are about to break up with me after you lay your eyes on another girl, it's just heartbreaking.

"It's not what it seems like to you-" Anthony starts, but I cut him off immediately. "You're just a piece of crap, that's what you are." I tell him, and them I walk away swiftly.

I turn around to see James, and he pulls my neck and kisses me. Legit, his lips crash into mine. I pull away and walk away. I just can't do this with relationships!

It's too confusing!

Why do guys do this? Although, they say the exact same thing about us, but that's just totally uncalled for, in my gender's defense.

Hey, can I tell you a secret?

Okay, um, you probably wouldn't expect this from me...... but........ I have a notebook!

Not just any notebook, but a poetry notebook.

I pull it out of my purse and start writing about my feelings.

This is what I write:

"Men" by Lizzy Bode

Men change us women, with absolutely no doubt. There is so much more for us girls to talk about

One minute they make us feel like we're a unique and loved piece of art. The next minute they have completely broken out hearts

If there were no men, things would be less dramatic, but instead it's just the opposite of fantastic!

They make us feel like we have it all, but then we really completely fall

I don't really know what I mean by fall, fall for him or from him

But all I know is that men are one of the reasons why a woman's light could be so dim.

How was it? Was it good? I once read one of my poems called "Forgiven or Forbidden" to Katy and she said that it was faboo. Girly much? Anyways, I guess it wasn't the best I've done, but you gotta admit it was pretty good. But that's seriously how I feel, like, really.

???

Sorry if the chapter was short, but I guess that's how I roll. Please read my other books!

My Heaven, Like I Am In A Book, Waiting For A Miracle, That One Question, Niall Horan Is My Brother, and more!