Chapter 35: My Favourite Thing

Music is blaring through my earphones, just enough to not gain attention from my parents. It isn't because I just love loud music but also because I'm trying to block every single thing out. If you think I'm doing it to ignore you then and avoid talking to anyone else from this human race, you're probably right.

My dad is driving me to school in the morning. Our respective windows are wide open due to the stupid hot weather's return after a beautiful Winter. I'm staring out of mine. At the cars, at the people, the houses, the road and the mall just next to the freeway that's somehow packed with cars at this ridiculous time in the morning.

My thoughts are drifting though . I'm no longer a part of this world. I'm where I want to be, whether it's in your arms or just in scenarios that I imagine to be perfect. Lost in my mind, I'm infinite. I can be anyone, anything and exist anywhere. I can finally allow myself to feel the pain wash over my body, suffocating me in my own skin or I can simply revel in the euphoric backflips that you had given me just a few days ago simply by being near me. I can imagine a time when everything was perfect again and it was me and my friends against the world instead of just me albeit for two exceptions (and those are my two best friends).

This is my favourite moment. Through the pain and heartache, the joys and ecstasy. All of it simply induced by a hopeful, hurting mind. Such a serene experience and most incredible because for once in every day of the week I have about 10 minutes to just...feel.

Author's Note :
So I hope y'all liked this. It's kinda like a one shot chapter thingy but yeah...It was fun to write. Very descriptive compared to what I'm used to but I'm hoping I painted the image properly.