Chapter 36: Don't Be Surprised

You messed around not with her body, but rather the beating proof of her being alive. You aimed accidental punches at her soul and engraved slits all across her heart that she etched on her skin. You were her sweet, her sour and everything in between.

You didn't give her the cure, the manmade assistance she silently begged for. You're forcing her to fix it herself thinking more talks of self-motivation and religion will make it better. You're the reason why she'll be hating herself again every time the voices start talking again.

You left her out. You grew close and left her behind making her feel like a burden. Then when she came to you, you didn't care. She needed you before she allowed the hurting to rise from her heart to the surface. She was a downer to you, a toxic troll. Or at least that's how you made her feel. You hurt her by not being there and you never even thought to apologize.

So don't be surprised if one day you wake up and the population has significantly decreased in your life. You saw the signs, you had the chance. Don't you dare say you weren't a cause of her broken heart because you never gave a damn about telling her that you care.

Don't be surprised if you see battlescars. Because while you left her alone, she was waging war in her very own mind. A soldier against a whole army can hardly be expected to come out without a bruise or more.

Don't be surprised. She needed you and you weren't there.