Two Lines at 15

Zoe:

"Zoe, the people from the private school are here. Come say hi." My mother yelled from downstairs. "Coming mother. " I responded.

I looked into the mirror again, the James Private School For Exceptional Students uniform was perfect on me. Much like everything else I owned. I brushed the stray dark brown hairs away from my face. I gave the mirror one of my dazzling smiles and headed downstairs. A woman who really needed to go get liposuction was on the pearl pink couch, she was wearing one of the most hideous purple hats I have ever seen. It looked like it went through a glitter tornado and then decided to stop of at the rhinestone waterfall.

I walked over to her and gave her the smile I had practiced all night. I shook her hand and looked at that monster she called a hat. "Your hat is so beautiful! I wish I could pull it off. " I complimented. She gave me a shy smile and a girlish little giggle. I sat down across from her, my mother came in with a little plate of cookies that seemed funny to me because my mother has probably never touched an oven in her life. Must have been the maid of the month.

I don't bother learning their names. Daddy usually fucks them and then there gone by the end of that month. It is apart of the system. Then mother acts like she doesn't know what daddy is doing and blames a little thing they accidentally did and fire them. No need in knowing their name if they will be gone in 3 weeks.

I took a cookie and put it on the plate that were already set up. I nibbled on the cookie until the woman from James Private School started to speak, " I was reviewing your file again, it is quite impressive. We at James think that you will be great at James. You would fit in perfectly. Do you happen to know anyone who goes there?"

" Well, my boyfriend Jackson Reese goes there. He really enjoys it there. Said that the academics and the programs you guys have there is amazing. I am really looking forward to going."

This wasn't a complete lie, Jackson does go there. But we don't talk about school when we're together, it's an unspoken law not to talk about school.

"I know Mr. Reese. He is a very bright young man. He will make a great husband someday. " she winked at me. I laughed at her little joke, it wasn't funny at all. I don't want to marry him, he is kind of a big bone head. But his really rich, and very hot. Like me.

We talked for about 30 more minutes about some really boring stuff. She checked her watch and jetted up, "I must go. Other people need my attention." she laughed. I smiled at her and walked her to the door. "We must do tea sometimes. Must be going. I will see you tomorrow bright and early at James. Don't want to miss moving in day." I waved her out of the door and slammed it.

"That was the longest day of my life!" I screamed at no one particular. I walked into the kitchen and a bunch of smells attacked my nose. It was too overwhelming. I put my hand over my mouth and tried to push it back, but it was too much, I ran to the sink and yellowish vomit rushed out of my throat roughly. The maid of the month rushed over to me.

Her pinkish nails were pulling the stands of my hair away from my face. When I finished puking, I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. "How long have you been throwing up like that?" a nasally voice said from in back of me.

I turned around to give a blonde with huge boobs and a skanky maid outfit on. " What do you want?" I snarled.

She squinted her eyes, "No need to get all bitchy. I'm just trying to help you. You're the one whose throwing up like your pregnant or some shit." she turned around on her heel and marched out of kitchen.

Pregnant.

It can't be. She's just crazy, probably only a hooker who can cook. What would she know about pregnancy? But, I need to figure out if I was pregnant, "Wait!" I yell to the maid. Before she left the kitchen, she turned back to me, "What? "