Riding Cabs at 15

Zoe:

I stomped out of the house, my purse heavier with the amount of cash in it, and a Louis Vuitton luggage piece rolling beside me.

I was leaving.

I was finally leaving.

I pulled my phone out and dialed 3. I had the taxi service on speed dial. I never knew when I was going to have to get out of a sticky situation fast. After about 10 minutes, the cab arrived and I was off. I was going to go where ever my heart takes me. I just had to figure that out.

---

Laura:

I banged three times on the door, making sure it was loud. "Open up!" I yelled. I looked around, this sure was a nice place. I mean this house was huge! And the neighborhood was the nicest I have ever been in.

I'm not saying that my neighborhood is the worst one out there. I mean once or twice a year someone may get stabbed, or robbed. But that happened everywhere.

I heard steps softly coming to the door. A little sigh came from the other end, then the door slowly opened. Revealing a shirtless Peter.

His eyes were droopy, and the little I could see of them they were red. He was leaning against the door for dear life. "Babe! Come on! My parents are going to be here soon and they won't be happy to see all this weed!" A girl called out.

Peter turned his head and looked back into the house. "I'll be back in a second!" He yelled. He turned his head back towards me and took a step forward to close the door. Once it clicked he started to rub his bare arms. It got a lot colder in the east side of New York.

I took a step back from him and frowned. "Why?" I whispered. I tried to be louder, to make sure he knew that I was pissed off at him for doing this to me. But I couldn't. I felt like someone was starting to rip my heart to shreds, and I couldn't stand it.

"I can explain."

My lip started to quiver, and I could feel that I was going to go and start bawling at any time now. And I know I wouldn't be able to stop. " I thought we were in this together!" I yelled at him. Suddenly getting my voice back.

"I can explain."

My lip stopped quivering, my eyes stopped watering. I took my hands and wiped at my cheeks. I was done with this.

"I'm tired of that. I'm tired that whenever you get caught you only say that you could explain. I want a real answer! And if you can't give it to me then I'm out."

Peter stayed quiet, he kept moving his hands up and down his arms. The only sound that was heard was the sound of the wind rushing behind us, and the soft hum of cars moving by.

"A person once told me that love is everything you need. And I believed him. But know I know that you don't always need love. You need yourself."

I turned around and ran down the steps of the house and continued to run down the sidewalk. I turned my head to see if he was running after me. Like they do in the movies. But all I could see was the white door. And Peter was gone.

I stopped running and turned around all the way. He was really gone. I turned towards the street just in time to see a taxi. I waved it over and got it.

"Take me anywhere."

---

Author's Note:

Sorry this one was short and probably horrible. I have a lot of books to write.

But please vote this book, comment, and follow me, it would mean a lot.

Or don't. I don't really care.

Love ya,

Mchanel

Jk, I don't know you.