Counting to 5 at 15

Zoe:

I covered my mouth trying not to cry out in complete and utter shock. This can't be happening, this type of stuff doesn't happen to girls like me. I'm in an Ivy League family! I'm from a nice and rich family!

I am supposed to be going to college in a few years, not taking care of a child! I'm still a child!

That's like the blind leading the blind, it just doesn't work out well. I heard a little knock come from the bathroom door. " Honey? Are you alright in there? Faith the maid said that you would be needing my help in the bathroom. Do you need some help?" she said hopeful.

My mother has always wanted to help me with everything, but my father found it unnecessary to do that. All he had to do was snap his long nice fingers and tons of tutors would come running to help me with any subject of my wanting. While my mother wanted things the way she was raised.

Even though she was stinking rich even before she met my father, she was raised with love and care from both of her parents. No nanny stepped one foot in her house. And if they did, Grandpa and Grandma would have a huge fit.

"I'm fine mother, stop smothering me. " I yelled at her from behind the closed-door. I heard a quiet sigh come from her, her high heels were softly clicking their way down the long hall.

I looked back at the pregnancy test and stared at the thing that just changed everything. I still don't understand how I'm pregnant. Yeah I have sex with Jackson, but I'm on the pill everyday, and we get The Morning After Pill. Also we don't have sex very frequent, so what the frick was happening?

I sat up from the toilet and flushed it. I shimmied my skirt back on. Washed my hands with the lavender soap that always seems to befull. Stuffed the test into my bra and walked out. My mother was sitting down on one of the love seats. She was reading a Vogue withKimye on the cover.

"I don't understand why they put Kimye on the cover, they're not even fashion icons. I should be on the cover." I complained. I took the magazine from her hands and started to read it.

" I was reading that. " she said strictly. Looking away from the magazine, I rolled my hazel eyes. Mother huffed and stood up, she smoothed her dress out and walked out to God knows where. I continued to flick through the glossy pages of the magazine and mentally circling the things I wanted.

A picture of North West was on the next smooth page. I looked down at my stomach that was going to be getting bigger soon. Then it hit me.

A baby will be growing inside of me. It is growing inside of me. And sooner or later it's going to be out of this world. With all that blood and pain plus screaming. I closed the magazine and got up from the couch. I climbed the stairs to my room. A little baby spider was running away when I got there.

I let it go, it was the maid's job to kill spiders. I entered my room to find the person I didn't want to see at the moment. Jackson.

"What do you want?" I growled at him. I flopped onto my bed and he remained sitting on my desk. His long legs stretched before him "What's wrong with you? Got your period or something?" he moved from the desk and sat down on the bed. He moved my head and put it on his lap. Softly stroking my dark brown hair, it felt nice to be held in one of my darkest hours.

"Sadly no." I sighed. Jackson's brows furrowed in confusion. He stopped stroking my hair and abruptly stood up. My head hit the bead hard, I looked up at him so I could start cussing him out. But he looked so scared.

His eyes were wide with shock, a single bead of sweat was starting to form on his forehead. The pale pink lips I always loved to kiss were opening, trying to say something, then they would close like he lost his train of thought.