"Murders" || Chapter 3

"(Y/n) Pov"

"Then Little Red Riding Hood and her grandmother lived happily ever after never seeing the big bad wolf again." I finished the bedtime story to Tommy wearing his Spaceman costume as he looked bored and uninterested. "I don't like this story" he complained leaning back against the couch. "Why? This is a classic" I replied putting the book down, "It's too boring and girly, I have something better." he grabbed comic books from the under the couch and gave them to me. "Why do you keep them under there?" I questioned him, "Mom does not let me have them" he said.

I looked over at his secret stash of comic books "Lazzer man, Nutroan man I can understand that, Tarantula man~" "(Y/n) what's the boogeyman?" he questioned ignoring the comic books. Before I could answer him the phone rang, I walked over to it picked it up.

"Doyles Residents~"

"It's me~" Annie replied over the phone, I smiled.

"Hey Annie what are you doing?"

"Making Popcorn, Having fun. I have big, big news for you~" she replied with her usually chirpy voice.

I can hear her dog over the phone barking, "Whoops hold on a minute." I waited for a second before she picked back up. "I'm about to be eaten by the family dog" she teased in a pretend scared voice, I giggled at her at her joke.

"What is this big, big news?" I said interested by what she had to say, "What would you say if I got you a date for homecoming?" "I'd say you got the wrong number" I joked with a small laugh, "Well I just talked with (C/n) (C/ln), and he got real excited when I told him how attracted you were to him" I blushed redder then a rose when she said that, she knew that I had a crush on him since I was in a 10th grade in highschool. "You didn't please tell me you didn't" I squeaked in embarrassment and she laughed at how embarrassed I was.

All of a sudden Tommy grabbed my jacket and pointed at the window scared. I ignored Tommy pleas, scolding Annie for even talking to (C/n). But Tommy persisted "Hold on" I put the phone down "(Y/n) the boogeyman's outside" he pointed at the window, but I found no one there. "Tom there's nobody outside, go watch tv~" I shooed him away pointing to the TV so I can talk to Annie more, but he looked at the window nervously watching out for the boogeyman, Kids ... After a while of yelling and scolding Annie for telling (C/n) that I liked him, I hanged up and I sat down to join Tommy to watch The Thing. It was actually a pretty good movie, i'm not going to lie.

"What about the Boogeyman?" he turned to me, I found myself getting annoyed at his paranoia about the boogeyman. "There's no such thing~" I told him, "Richie said that he was coming after me tonight" he nervously said "Do you believe everything Richie tells you?" I told him as he shook his head no look down in embarrassment, I softly smiled looking at the boy. "Tommy halloween night it's when people play tricks on each other, it's all make believe, I think Richie was trying to scare you." I honestly told him "I saw the boogeyman I saw him outside." he looked at the window some more, I just rolled my eyes. "There's nobody outside" I argued with him.

I sighed and looked at him "They boogeyman can only come at Halloween night right?" I questioned him, he nodded his head slowly. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you" I pridefully told him, "You promise~" Tommy looked at me with serious eyes "I promise" I promised him smiling, ruffling his hair. "Can we make the jack o'lanterns now?" he exclaimed with a smile on his face, I softly smiled agreeing, heading to the kitchen. My thoughts on Michael Myers are long gone now.

"Annie Brackett Pov"

I Walked out of my house with nothing but a button up white shirt and my underwear, heading to the laundry room. Lindsey was inside watching some sitcom, it took me a while to convince her to stay inside because she was scared of being alone because of the boogeyman, Tommy must of told her about him. The dog finally shut up after very loud annoying barking. But unknown to me, he was already dead.