"Devils Embrace" || Chapter 20

"(Y/n)'s Pov"

"I don't need this, I don't need you..." Those harsh words stuck onto me like thick glue as I was driving on the dark, rainy traffic with the lights illuminating the wet road. Gripping on the steering wheel as I heard cars pass by me or driving beside me. The thought of Johns horrified face etched into my mind when I exited the door, leaving him in the dust. God what happened back there? It was almost like a new side of me was slowing creepy up onto my own being - corrupting my innocence in the most sickening way possible. It seemed almost identical to the 'nightmare man' in a strange yet disturbing way. My face scrunched up and I shriveled up at the thought of his piercing eyes and dead expression ogling onto my (e/c) pupils. I never thought in a million, maybe even a billion years, hell maybe even in a eternity I would say those horrible words to John. Which I bet were pretty fucking shocking to him to witness - to deal with. It...it was ripping me apart piece by piece, tearing me a new one. But god his face when I left. His paralyzed orbs that glazed with the sense of abandonment and isolation, watching me leave further and further away from the neighborhood. It was just to much to look at, I couldn't bare to see him. My fingers loosened the grasp on the wheel, frowning.

John...

I could have swore I saw a blue and white figure standing out of the traffic, something eerie, something unpleasant - something I want to destroy. A flabbergasted gasp exited my lips when I heard the sound of metal screeching against the side of the road, aching my ears as well as my fragile and vulnerable mind. I quickly went back into the road, one of the cars were honking rudely towards me as they quickly drove by. The weight of my breathing grew, going faster and faster as I started screamed as loud as possibly can - my throat was getting dry and achy as I roared loudly. No one didn't hear my livid anguished wails or seeing my teeth clenching together. Or even the car horn that I was hitting over and over, cursing and shouting at anything and anyone - even myself. In a way I didn't mind if someone heard me, at this point I just let everything go.

Everything! Everything! Everything!

Until it faded out.

All went quiet for a while, no screaming, no shouting, just pure nothingness in the car. Little kids were cheering and giggling - hearing trick-or-treaters in the entrance of the shops with their bags. I slowly let out a ghost like grin, embracing the stinging sensation around my neck. Embracing the sight of the shape, as if I was greeting death himself - in a way he was death.

Let him follow me...

Let him...

Not anybody else...

I don't care...

I don't care...

When I finally stopped the car in the parking lot of the small yet quiet town. Halloween decorations were littered everywhere, in the shops, in the park, and even some were even in the streets. The only color I could see in this bland town was black and orange, full of jack-o-lanterns and spooky decorations that never seemed to left my sight for 10 long years becoming a part of me and never going away. Children in their costumes playing in the rain or running to door to door. Faint popular music that are trending this decade '1980's' were playing in the bar. Normally I would be appalled but for today something changed inside of my conscious - like I was someone else. And then there was me just sitting in the front seat of my station wagon with a blank but knowing expression, crickets were chirping in the distant of this dark rainy night with bright lights littered around the town. After a while it was just quiet, pure stillness with no words coming out. it was just pure eerie silence. Creepy yet calming voices start to get louder but this time they weren't the ghost of my past. It was myself...