"Nostalgia" || Chapter 8

(I based this chapter with this scene so watch this video to get an idea of what this chapter is about.)

Flashback || 15 years ago.

Haddonfield, Illinois

May || 1963

"(Y/n) Pov"

"Hey honey will you give Daddy a favor and carry one of those boxes?" My out of breath Dad asked me carrying a heavy box. "Yep." I chirped grabbing one of the smaller boxes from the car and carrying it inside where I see my mom unpacking in the empty living room smiling at me when I entered the house. I put the box down and headed outside to help with my dad some more.

We moved all the way to (City/N) to Illinois, it was a pretty long drive. Me, my Dad, and my Mom were knocked out by the time we made it to a hotel. When I woke up I was full of energy again like most little kids, my parents however not so much... My Dad was still pretty weak from driving a lot yesterday so that's why he can't carry boxes very well. My Mom was sitting down unpacking our belongings getting more rest then my dad. We found a nice middle class home for a family of three, I can't wait to see my new room. As much as I love my new house I also miss the old one. You know when you miss your old comfort zone and go to a new one, like you don't feel comfortable here, that's what i'm feeling.

My Dad was about to fall and tip the heavy box over when a pair of hands caught the box. Me and my Dad looked up to a nice looking man wearing a short sleeved check shirt that's red, and some shorts with flipflops. He has short dark brown hair, with light brown eyes, and a calm peaceful look. "Easy there buddy don't want to tip off the box there." The man smiled at my Dad who stood up.

"Thank you-Um~"

"Peter, Peter Myers I live across the street." He took out his hand which my dad took.

"It's nice to meet you Peter my name is (D/n) (L/n)." My Dad politely said to Peter.

Peter looked down at me as I was clinging on to my dad. He smiled and waved, I grinned showing my baby teeth waving back to the kind man. "And who is this?" The man kneeled down to my height. "This is my daughter (Y/n)." My Dad patted me on the back. "Its nice to meet you (Y/n)." I looked around to see a women walking towards us. She had straight hair with curls on the bottom, Dark chocolate brown hair that's almost black, and brown eyes matching her husband's. She was wearing a light orange, bright yellow sundress with a white sweater to match the dress.

"Oh this is my wife Edith. Edith this is (D/n) and his daughter (Y/n)." Peter pointed at us politely. The women softly smiled walking up to me and my Dad, my Mom walked out of our house seeing us talk to the friendly couple across the street. We all introduced ourselves to each other, my Dad and Peter were talking about the neighborhood while my mom and Edith were talking about baking and gardening.

"I actually have a daughter who's at a friends house right now and I have a son around (Y/n)'s age, who should be here around somewhere~." Edith looked around. "Hey Michael, come over here and say hi to our new neighborhoods~" Edith waved at her window, I looked closer to see a small figure just staring at us not moving. The small figure walked away from the window. "I'm sorry he's a bit shy..." Edith chuckled embarrassed, my Mom patted her on the back in a friendly way. I brushed off the figure in the window and played with dolls outside, while the grown up's talk to one another. The figure went back to the window watching us with disgust unaware of all of us.