Chapter 2

Your POV

*a week later*

Colby drove us home from the hospital. The doctors said I was going to be just fine, and that I could get the bandages removed in another week.

I wasn't sure what to say to Colby, but I hated the silence. Thankfully, Colby broke it for me.

"So... How are you holding up?" Colby asked.

"Better. Not good, but better." I said honestly.

"Are you still having nightmares?" Colby asked, glancing into my eyes, then back at the road.

I could see the concern in his eyes. He was the only one who knew about that. What the nightmares were about, anyways.

I looked down at me feet and clung to the seatbelt. He looked back at me.

"Oh, come on (Y/n). You've got to stop letting that haunt you. You've barely gotten any sleep this week. I'm worried about you." Colby pulled into the big driveway and closed the gate.

He stared into my eyes, and I stared right back. I knew he was worried. Every time I'd wake up screaming, he'd be there. When anyone else came in to ask what was wrong, he'd tell them I'd had a bad dream.

"Colby, I'm fine." I unbuckled and got out of the car. He got out too and followed me inside. Corey, Devon, Sam, Elton, and Aaron were home. All their cars were still here.

"No you're not. (Y/n), all I ask is for you to try to think of something else for a while. I'm not asking you to forget about it, but just don't think about it all the time." I walked into the kitchen as he was talking, hoping to get away.

But he just followed me. "Colby, if I say I'm fine, then I'm fine. Just let it go. Alright?" I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and walked upstairs.

"Listen to yourself! Do you sound okay? No! You sound like someone trying to convince themself that they're okay!" Colby shouted.

I locked myself in my room and leaned against the door. Colby knocked on the door.

"(Y/n)!" Colby yelled through the door. "Please open the door."

I let my head fall back against the door quietly. I closed my eyes and thought about the way Colby probably looked on the other side of the door. Maybe sad. Maybe mad. Maybe he had just left.

"Colby? What the hell are you doing?" I heard Elton ask.

"I was talking to (Y/n). Why?" Colby replied.

"Sounded more like yelling to me." Sam interrupted.

"Okay, so I was a little frustrated." Colby admitted.

"Why were you mad at her? Don't you remember that she was literally almost killed last week?" Sam asked.

"Yes, I do. I woke you up to tell you she was hurt. I was the one who found her like that! And I was the one who carried her to the car and cleaned her up in the backseat! And I just brought her to the hospital today! Of course I remember Sam!" Colby raised his voice.

"Yeah? Well I drove the three of us to the hospital! And I was the one who called the cops that night!!" Sam yelled. No he wasn't... Unless he's talking about the car crash in junior year... Shit.

I swung the door open and stepped out. "Just shut up!! All of you!! I hate it when you guys fight! Just shut up..." I started crying and slammed my door closed, then jumped into my bed, hugging my knees to my chest. And crying.