Chapter 4

Your POV

*the dream*

"Colby! Are you okay? Its gonna be alright man." I said as another guy held me back, away from Colby, who lay weak on the ground. "Its gonna be alright..." I started crying.

The other guy pulled out a gun and held it to Colby's head. "No! No! You don't understand! We're just kids! From Kansas. Please! You've got the wrong guy. No! He's everything I have!"

He shot Colby, killing him instantly.

...

*morning*

I woke up next to Colby. He was laying next to me on his phone. I moved my head so it rested on his shoulder. Colby jumped, not expecting me to move.

"Morning." I said, looking at his phone. He was checking his texts from Elton.

"Good morning, sleepy head. Hey, Elton wants to visit Suicide Bridge again. Do you want to come with?" Colby asked.

"When? Tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

Colby looked down at me, and I looked up at him. I didn't understand it, but I suddenly felt the need to do something. So I did...

Colby's POV

I looked into (Y/n)'s beautiful eyes. I didn't even know why, but she suddenly moved. I didn't know what happened at first, but then I realized what was going on. She kissed me.

I put my phone down, and I put one hand on the side of her face to keep her there. I kissed her back, knowing that this was probably the best moment of my life.

She pulled away, and so did I. But I left my hand where it was. We still stared into each other's eyes. I didn't know what to say.

"Colby..."

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"And I love you.... I have for a while actually... And since I know how you feel bow, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Maybe this can answer that." She kissed me again.

(Y/n) put a hand on my bare shoulder, and this kiss sealed everything we had ever done. The day we met, the things we've said, when we made our own tree house that still sits in her parent's tree, the day I got into my first fight and she socked the guy in the face when he tried breaking my arm, when she introduced me and Sam to one another, when we graduated together, when we moved in with Elton, and now. Our first kiss.

I even remembered prom. I asked her to prom, and we just went as friends. Sam was there too, without a girl. He wanted to go with some popular girl, but she already had a date. So, the three of us went as a group of friends.

When we pulled away, I realized that she was everything I had, and everything I needed. She was mine.

Now I know that I love her. I hope she never leaves me... I'm so glad I have her.

And I won't let her go.