Chapter 10

I looked at Colby, terrified. I heard the speaker go on and someone say, "Attention visitors, The Flying Demon has broken down on the tracks. Mechanical team 7, please depart to Control immediately."

"Colby, what are we going to do? We're stuck up here." I asked.

"Nothing until they get us down." Colby said, not reassuring me.

"Colby!!! (Y/n)!!!!! Are you up there?!?!?!?" Sam yelled from the bottom.

"Yeah!!!" Colby and so yelled in unison.

"Holy shit!! Are you guys okay?!?!?" Sam yelled.

"Yeah!" Colby shouted back.

"I mean, I'm terrified for my life, but other than that, okay!!!!!" I screamed, truthfully.

"Don't worry!!! They're sending a helicopter up to get you!!!" Sam responded.

Right after he said that, we heard the helicopter flying toward us. Why and so we're the only ones up there, so it should be easy.

The emergency crew flew next to us, close enough to reach. We unbuckled and moved the lap bar out of the way. Colby got into the helicopter first, but I stood on Colby's seat, not sure whether I should move or not.

"C'mon (Y/n)! It's alright! Grab my hand!" Colby reached his arm out towards me.

"I-I can't move!" I replied.

"Just jump and I'll catch you! I promise!"

I trusted Colby. I jumped.

Sam's POV

I saw Colby jump into the helicopter. (Y/n) stood there, probably too scared to move. Colby reached a hand out for her. She jumped.

I couldn't see what happened next because the cart slid down the drop and the sun shone right into my eyes.

The helicopter flew overhead and to the left of me. I chased after it, hoping to see my best friends again. It landed in a field just outside the park and I got as close as I could to it.

"Sam!" Colby yelled.

"Colby!! Where's (Y/n)?!?!?" U asked over the sound of the helicopter blades buzzing.

They turned of the engine and the volume lowered.

"I'm right here!" My best friends climbed out of the helicopter and ran up to me, the three of us in a big group hug.

"Oh my god! I'm so glad you're both okay!"

"I'm glad I jumped when I did. A second later, and I would have been dead." (Y/n) commented.

"Colby! (Y/n)! You guys okay?!?" Corey yelled, the rest of the group running up to us. "We heard what happened."

"Were fine. Just a little shaken up over it." (Y/n) replied.

Everyone hugged and talked for a few minutes, then we all went home, not too enthusiastic to ride any more roller coasters.

I guess today wasn't the greatest of days, but we all ended up going out for pizza for dinner.