Chapter 16

"Katrina? .......What are you doing here?" Sam asked her, clearly fighting tears.

"Sam, it's not what you think. Please-"

"Save the lies. Please. Just tell me the truth." Sam interrupted.

"Fine........ I was cheating on you with Brennen. I made a huge mistake. I'm sorry." Kat said, also fighting back tears.

"Goodbye Kat." Sam walked out.

Colby followed him outside. "Kat, you screwed up. Big time." I said, leaving with my best friends.

...

"That's it. I'm going to talk to Sam. He hasn't been out of his room in 2 days." I dropped my silverware and left the dining room.

Everyone else stopped eating dinner and eat had me walk out of the room. The black cast on my leg was able to let me walk without a cane, but it was hard to get up stairs.

I finally made it to Sam's room door. I knocked, hoping he'd answer. But he didn't.

"That's it. Sam, I'm coming in." I opened the door to find him sitting on his bed, staring at the wall, not even noticing me walk in.

"Sam, you can't stay in here forever. You need to eat something." I said, sitting next to my best friend.

He kept looking at the wall, making me invisible.

"Sam, please say something to me." I begged.

Nothing.

Not a word.

"Sam, come on! Say something! Please!" I started to cry. My best friend was shutting me out. He was shutting everyone out.

Colby's POV

I unlocked the front door and walked inside, I instantly recognized the smell of Taco Bell from the dining room. I hung my keys back up and took my jacket off. I noticed that Sam's chair and (Y/n)'s chair were both empty.

"Where are Sam and (Y/n)?" I asked Elton, who just ate another bite of his burrito.

"Upstairs." Elton replied with a mouthful of food.

"Sam's still in his room...... And Elton, chew your freaking food." I commented, Corey giggling at my comment.

I walked upstairs, the faint sound of crying coming from Sam's room. I walked down the hall and opened Sam's door, finding Sam and (Y/n) hugging on us I bed.

They were both crying. But why?

"Guys? What the hell happened to you two?" I asked.

Neither of them really noticed that I was there, so I left. I didn't understand their friendship, but there wasn't much about it to understand.

Maybe they'll come back downstairs later and talk.