Chapter 20

Sam's POV

I walked through the door, hoping to not see my best friends in casts and stitches. I looked to my left to see (Y/n). She was knocked unconscious with patches over her eyes. What happened to her?

I looked to the right of the room, Colby lying down, just waking up with gashes on his head.

Colby's POV

I fell asleep that night, but as soon as I did, I woke up in the hospital. The hospital was the real place I had been... Sadly. I looked up to see Sam, Corey, Devyn and Elton.

I sat up, a throbbing pain in my head.

"Colby." Sam rushed over and hugged me. I hugged him back, not sure what's just happened.

"What happened?"  I asked Sam.

"You went to the store... The hospital called and said you two had been in a car crash. The car is totaled." Sam explained.

"We?" I looked to my right.

Before I could see what was over there, Sam stood in the way. "You don't want to see her. Trust me."

"Sam, (Y/n) is my girlfriend. I ca-"

"That's my point. She's your girlfriend. That's why I can't let you look at her." Sam interrupted.

"Sam, move." I demanded.

Sam gave up and moved. I saw what was left of my girlfriend. She had patches over her eyes, cuts on her face, a big bandage wrapped in her left arm and a bandage wrapped around her head.

"(Y/n)!" I threw off the blanket and tried standing up. Pain filled my left leg and so fell to the ground. I looked at my leg to find a cast.

"Colby, chill." Sam helped me up, then tried to get me back into the bed. I resisted and hobbled over to my girlfriend.

"It's gonna be okay. You can pull through. I know it." I whispered to her.

"Colby. Come on. You shouldn't be walking with that thing on." Devyn pointed out.

"I don't want to be rude Devyn, but I honestly don't care. How would you feel if you were in my position and this was Corey?" I asked.

Devyn obviously didn't want to admit it, but she knew I made a point. And that's what her expression said. Along with Sam's, Elton's and Corey's.

I wanted to contain every emotion like I've been doing, but now it's become too much to hold in. There was only one thing I could do at that moment: cry.