Chapter 3

Colby's POV

Sam and I looked at one another, then we looked at Elton. We didn't know what to do. I looked at the door, hoping this was the right choice.

I walked up to the door and knocked again. "(Y/n), please open the door..." I said, resting my head against the door.

I heard her crying. Oh no.... What have I done? I'm such a jerk.

I opened the door to find (Y/n) on her bed, crying with her head down as she hugged her knees. I walked up to her and sat next to her.

I glanced at the open doorway and saw Sam and Elton looking through it at me and
(Y/n). I wrap my arms around (Y/n) and rock her in a hug.

She turns towards me and cries into my shoulder. I rub her back, trying to calm down my best friend since 7th grade. I knew (Y/n) before I knew Sam. She actually introduced us to one another.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n). I didn't mean to make you cry. Its okay."

...

It was 7pm and I was at home with Elton, Amanda, Aaron, Jake, and Sam. Corey and Devon took (Y/n) out to have a nice dinner so she would forget about everything.

Elton, Sam and I were on the couch watching YouTube, while Aaron was editing, Jake was in the kitchen and Amanda was in the bathroom.

"Do you like (Y/n)?" Elton asked out of the blue.

"N-no. Why?" I stuttered. Ugh! Such an idiot.

"Oh come on, Colby. We both saw you hug her earlier. You were, after all, the first person to go in there. And the first to volunteer to drive her to the doctor. Aaaand be in her room first when she has a bad dream. Isn't it a little suspicious?" Sam added.

"Sam makes a very good point, Colby...... Well? Do you like (Y/n) or not? Obviously as a friend, yes, but do you like-like her?" Elton asked again.

I hesitated. If I lie, they might leave me alone or push me to telling the truth. But if I tell the truth, then they'll tell (Y/n) and everything gets screwed up. Ugh, I hate decisions like this.

"Fine, I do like her like that. But promise not to tell her about this. Please." I begged.

"Alright. We won't tell a soul." Sam swore.

...

I woke up to a scream. I looked at my clock quickly. 3am. I ran out of my room in only my flannel pants and into (Y/n)'s room. She was sitting up, crying and breathing quickly.

"(Y/n),  what happened?" I asked, knowing what she was about to say.

"I had another nightmare. It was even worse this time..." I looked into her eyes that reflected the moknlight through her window.

Sam, Elton and Amanda rushed into the room with us. "What happened?" Amanda asked.

"She just had another bad dream. Go back to sleep."  I replied.

The three of them went back to bed and I sat next to (Y/n). "What happened that made it worse?"

"He..... He killed you when you tried to help me......" She started crying even more.

"Hey, I'm not gonna let that happen. I'm right here okay? I'm right here." I hugged her and she hugged me tighter. "Do want to sleep in my room tonight?"

(Y/n) nodded, becoming half asleep quickly. Right after I stood up, she was asleep. I picked her up and carried her into my room. I covered her up with a blanket and layed next to here on my bed.

Soon, we were both sleeping.