Chapter 21

Your POV

I sat up, pain in my left arm and not able to see anything. I immediately panicked. Where was I? What was going on?

"What's going on? Where am I? Somebody help!" I yelled.

"(Y/n)! Hey, calm down. Its okay. I'm right here." Colby said, I think he was the one who put his hands on my shoulders.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"You're in the hospital." Colby sniffed. I think he was crying. Why? "We were in a car crash."

"Why can't I see anything Colby?"

"There are patches over your eyes, I just don't know why." Colby sniffed again.

"Colby, why are you crying?"

"It's nothing......" He obviously lied.

"Baby, tell me the truth." I begged. "Please."

He sighed. "I just.... I've been keeping all my feelings wrapped up inside my brain, but I just couldn't take it anymore."

"Come here." I reached out to hug him, and his arms wrapped around me, keeping me warm in this cold hospital.

Someone walked into the room.

"Mr. Brock, you shouldn't be walking around with a cast on. Not without crutches anyways." It was obviously a man, most likely a doctor.

"I know, I just needed to see if my girlfriend was okay." Colby said, I heard rustling and assumed he was back to sitting down.

"She's okay, I assure you. Mostly, anyways." The doctor replied, my heart dropped.

"Mostly?" Sam butted in. I didn't even know he was here.

"Yes, mostly. You obviously know about the large cut in her arm, but her eyes took some damage too." He peeled off the patches covering my eyes.

I looked around, everything was foggy.

"Why is everything so foggy? What the hell?!" I said, freaking out that I was going to be blind forever.

"Don't worry, Ms. (L/n). It's only temporary. It shouldn't last much longer than 4 months."

"4 months?!?" I yelled.

"As long as you keep up with medication. You will also need a seeing-eye dog 24/7 to get around. You'll have a check up every week so we can see the progress that you're making." He explained.

"Wait here for a moment while I get Dr. Wailen, and she'll tell you more about your situation." The doctor's blurry outline left the room and I looked around.

I saw an outline of someone with bluish purple hair. Next to them was someone a bit shorter with long hair. Then a third, possibly Sam, with short blonde hair.

I looked all the way to my left and see an outline of what appears to be a hospital bed, and someone sitting on it with a cast on their leg, brown hair; Colby.

Memories immediately flooded my brain of what happened. It all happened in flashes.

We were driving home.

We saw headlights.

The car was smashed by the truck that sped towards us.

Colby's car slid across the road and backwards.

It fell over the side of a hill.

We rolled downwards and I hadn't been buckled, so I went right through my window, the car still rolling with Colby inside.

Glass fragments flew everywhere.

I lay in pain on the grass.

Colby broke the glass and crawled through the broken windshield.

He crawled towards me, his leg bleeding some much.

He couldn't go any further, and layed next to me.

Colby held my hand, saying, "Everything will be okay. I love you so much."

I couldn't speak, I was in too much pain.

Everything was foggy, blurry, and soon, I was nauseous from it all.

I closed my eyes.

Colby's warm hand held my own.

I felt safe and secure with him there, despite the situation.

I opened my eyes back up and turned my aching body to face Colby.

Everything was still foggy.

He turned his head and looked at me.

"I love you too."

Police cars' and ambulances' sirens wailed, but it seemed so quiet, and the moment, silent.

We started at one another, although I could barely see.

Colby was carried away by paramedics, but I didn't want him to be separated from me.

I did nothing to stop them, knowing it was useless.

They soon carried me away.

As I watched Colby be taken away from me, I fell asleep.

My eyes opened in the ambulance, the doctors hurrying to do something.

My eyes closed again.

I saw Colby in the other ambulance, freaking out, trying to get to me.

I opened my eyes again when the paramedics brought me out of the ambulance.

I was rushed inside.

I caught a glimpse of Colby, he was looking at me, pain and sadness in his eyes.

That was the only thing clear to me at the moment.

Everything went black.