Chapter 23

A year passed, (Y/n)'s vision back to normal, nothing going wrong. I got a new car, a 2017 black Camaro. Another year passed, 2020. It seemed like none of us really changed, and I don't think we did.

Sam got a new girlfriend a few months ago, her name is Hailey. They seem happy. But tonight is the most important night of my life. Hailey, Sam, Elton, Amanda, Corey, Devyn, (Y/n) and I are all going out for a big dinner party.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Corey and Devyn are married, and Elton and Amanda were engaged. That seems to be my only problem, (Y/n) might suspect that something's up. And she would be right if that were the case, something is up.

I changed into my black dress shirt and pants, laced my good shoes and combed my hair to perfection.

Your POV

I wore a (f/c) dress that had diagonal ruffles going all the way around. My heels were black, my hair looking as nice as I could get it.

We drove silently to the restaurant, Colby saying he forgot to mention 'everyone else' was there waiting for us. I didn't know what he meant at first, but when we got to our table, I found out.

Corey, Devyn, Sam, Hailey, Elton and Amanda all sat around our big table, all of us ready to eat anything and everything.

...

I was the last person to finish eating dessert, but I didn't mind, and no one else seemed to either.

Colby cleared his throat, ready to speak.

"Um, (Y/n)..."

"Yeah Colby?" I said, having no clue what he was going to say.

"I've been thinking about this for a while now...." My heart skipped an beat. Where was this going? "I had to sneak out of the house in order to ask you dad if I could do this too.... And I need to ask you,"

Colby got down on one knee and opened a black box with a gorgeous ring inside.

"Will you marry me?"

Colby's POV

"Will you marry me?" I managed to ask. I was so nervous. I didn't know what else I could do. The look on her face was emotionless.

Than it changed to excitement and joy.

She shakily nodded, tears of joy forming in her eyes. We both stood up and hugged each other. I loved her so much.

In that moment, I realized she loved me too. I knew she loved me as much as I loved her. Maybe even more.

Everyone in the restaurant started cheering and clapping for us. They had all seen our special moment.

I remembered telling Sam, only Sam, that I was going to purpose tonight. That's why he brought a camera to film it all.