Chapter 15

Sam's POV

I haven't heard from Kat in a week. Why won't she texted me? Or even reply? Maybe she and Colby are trying to prank me or something.

"Hey Colby!" I yelled, standing up from my desk, taking a break from editing for a while.

"Yeah?" Colby yelled back from downstairs.

"Are you and Kat pulling a prank on me or something?" I jogged downstairs to find him in the kitchen eating lunch.

"No, why?" Colby asked as (Y/n) came in from the front door, just getting back from the doctor.

"Hey (Y/n). I was just talking to Colby, and I'm trying to figure out if someone is pulling a prank on me with Kat. Is it you?" I asked as she walked into the kitchen and stood by Colby.

"No. What's going on?" (Y/n) asked.

"She hasn't texted or called in a week." I explained.

"Oh shit. That's real, right? You're not pranking us, are you?" Colby said.

"Hell no. This is serious, dude. I'm not kidding." I replied.

"Well, I'll try calling her and see what she's up to." (Y/n) pulled out her phone and called Kat.

Your POV

"Hey (Y/n). What's up?" Kat answered. I put her on speaker so Sam and Colby could hear her.

"Nothing much. Just out of the house for a while. What about you?" I lied.

"I'm just hanging out with Sam. We were just watching a movie in the living room." Kat said.

"Oh really?" I replied.

"Yeah. It's a great movie."

"I'm sure it is, Kat. Because I'm in the kitchen right now with Sam and Colby listening to this. How do good is the movie now?" I asked sarcastically. "Who are you really with Kat?"

She hung up. I saw Sam break. He didn't want to cry and seem like a baby, so he ran upstairs. I thought he wouldn't come back down.

He soon came back down with his keys.

"Sam." Colby tried to stop him before he left, but Sam was out the door too quickly. "C'mon. We need to make sure he doesn't do something stupid."

I followed Colby out the door, now using a cane for my leg. We got into Colby's car and followed Sam's car. He drove for about 20 minutes and parked by an apartment building.

We got out and followed Sam up to the door. Sam pounded his fist on the wood until Brennen opened it. "Hey Sam...?"

Brennen sounded awkward and unusual. Sam barged past him and into the apartment.

"Sorry about him." I said as Colby and I came inside, Brennen closing the door behind him.

We all followed Sam into the living room, which is where we found Kat sitting on the couch.