🌬CHAPTER - 4🌬

"Dad, is he a doctor? "

"Oh! Did I forget to mention dear? Of course he is a doctor," My dad said.

I can feel my face getting heated with anger. Why did my dad choose to forget such an important detail?

I closed my eyes and tried to control my anger.

The more rational part of my brain tried to argue that it is indeed my fault that I did not ask my dad about him. And I could not help but agree with it.

Why should I bother about him? He could go to hell for all I care. There is no way that he would agree to marriage now. I worked my magic after all.

Now that I think about it I could not contain my happiness.

I told my parents that I need some rest and went off to my bedroom.

Once I am inside my bedroom I shouted with happiness and started dancing around my room.

Amidst all my dancing I heard my phone ringing saw the name of my childhood friend flashing on the screen.

I accepted the call " Hey Balaaaa," I chirped enthusiastically.

He grunted and said "How many times should I tell you to call me Shashank."

I can almost imagine him scowling. Bala is my bestfriend since childhood.

His name is Shashank Bala Subramanyam and he is from Andhra Pradesh.

His family shifted here when he was a child, for his father's work.

He is a doctor too and is currently working in the department of pediatrics in the same hospital as mine.

I always call him Bala and for some unknown reason he hates when someone calls him that.I just laughed at his irritation.

"You know I love irritating you".

"Oh! Shut up, will you,"he said.

" Why do I feel like you are in quiet a mood?" I questioned him.

He sighed deeply and said, "Only one word krithi, STRESSSS.I need a break yaar."

I can understand him .Eventhough it is an honour to be a doctor and we love our work , the stress that comes with it can be overwhelming at times.

" I know Bala. We have to relieve our stress one way or the other" I said.

"And I happen to know the way to relieve stress" he said.

"And pray tell me what that might be" I asked him.

"LET'S GO PARTYYYY!" he all but shouted. May be I do need a party right now.

"Alright! I will inform the stupid and we all can go and hangout tomorrow evening." I said.

"Alright. Bye krithi. See you tomorrow." He said and hanged up without waiting for my reply.

I just shook my head and smiled at his antics. Now I started typing a message to the stupid informing her about the party.

The stupid as I call her is my other bestfriend. Her name is Tapaswi Mehra.

I met her in our intermediate and we instantly clicked.

We have been bestfriends since then and she is working along with me in gynaecology department.

After chatting with her for a bit I drifted off to my dream land.

The next morning I woke up with an exceptionally good mood. I got ready for my work and had a quick breakfast.

My scooty is still sick and yet to recover. Poor thing!!😟

I borrowed my dad's car and went to hospital. Now I am outside our hospital - LIFE HOSPITAL.

The name itself indicates life. As always our hospital is bustling with patients and doctors.

Entering the hospital I went straight to my department. All the postgraduates share a common room.

I sat at my place and the stupid is yet to arrive. The head of the department Mrs. Avantika Aurora is very strict and punctual.

She is the best gynaecologist in the whole city.

She has been at a conference and she is yet to return. "Hey krithi," the stupid's voice brought me out of my reverie.

"Hey stupid. What's up?" I asked her.

" We have 3 C sections, a ovarian cyst and a hysterectomy lined up for the day." She answered.

"Well looks like we have a hectic day ahead."I said. She just nodded and that's how the day started.

We had completed 2 C sections . We were about to prepare for hysterectomy.

Just then I got a call from a senior that she needs me to assist her in a operation.

The patient is currently undergoing an operation of cholecystectomy and we are needed to join the operation to remove an ovarian cyst.

We went to the surgery department and accompanied my senior into the theatre.

The surgery team handed over the case to us and we were about to start the operation.

That's when I saw a set of brown eyes which belonged to one of the surgery team.

His eyes reminded me of someone who I met the other day.

Just then my senior called out to me, "krithika, hand me the grasper."

I handed it to her and reminded my brain that I am in a surgery. The surgery was over and I went to remove the mask.

The man with brown eyes came along with other members and he started to remove his mask.

Before I could see his face he turned to the other side.

Damn it!!!

I continued to look at his back in anticipation.

Then he turned slowly towards me and finally I was able to see his face.

OH MY GOD!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Heyy guysss!!!
What do you think of krithi's friends? And who do you think is the man behind the mask? Hope you enjoy the update....

Please do vote......