🕵CHAPTER - 48🕵

Heyyyaaa...
Next chapter is up!
Go ahead and start reading!

Not to forget thank you for your love😘😘.

Krithi's POV:

The baby is delivered normally. It's a girl child. Very tiny in my hands with a pink and delicate body.

But the mother suddenly started hyperventilating!

What's wrong??

I handed the baby to the pediatrician and reached the mother.

Her breathe laboured and she became very anxious and is not even able to respond.

"What's happening to her?" I asked to no one in particular.

"The signs mostly suggest that she might have landed into amniotic fluid embolism, but it's very rare to happen like this!!" Senior assistant mam said.

"Even I think so. Shall we start the treatment, mam?" I asked.

I cannot start treatment with my own diagnosis. I'm still a 2nd year PG.

"Immediately!!" Madam said and that is just I needed to hear!

We kept her on a ventilator to provide immediate oxygen. She didn't respond to that completely and the vitals started dropping.

So we gave her CPR!!

This is a very rare and complicated situation, please God don't let us fail her.

We even called for a cardio thoracic surgeon just as a precaution in the event that she might need a pulmonary artery catheter. But luckily she returned to a near normal state with minimum resuscitation.

We gave her IV antibiotics and fluids with proper monitoring.

After around 20 minutes, making sure that the mother is stable, we took a breath of relief.

Because most of the time these kind of cases lead to heart failure and death.

We just hope she would not land into further serious complications.

Meanwhile a neonatologist came and examined the newborn.

"Baby is alright, no distress is noticed!" he said.

Oh thank god, everything is good.

We shifted the mother to ICU and kept her under observation.

As the day rolled to an end, I am dead on my feet which might be the combined result of the exhausting work in the day and the even more energy draining process like dancing the previous night.

"Hey krithi, Where are you lost?" Tapaswi waved her hands infront of me which brought me back to this world.

I looked at her dumbly as I lost the conversation between us.

"Hmm... I'm talking about the case in the morning krithi! She is stable now! I just came after checking her in the ICU. She is going to be shifted to the ward tomorrow!" She explained patiently again.

"Well, it's good to hear that!" I replied.

We are just strolling around while talking. By the end of the conversation we are standing near a window and suddenly a very distracting ray of light fell on me.

As I looked towards the source of the light I caught sight of something shining on Tapaswi's hand.

I looked towards Tapaswi with excitement bursting inside me.