Chapter 2: Well hello to you too

"I didn't do anything with her for fucks sake!" A man shouts, throwing his hands in her direction. I can only see his back, but the girl he is with I can see very clearly.
Her long, bright pink curls reach the middle of her back, surrounding her face as she she throws her head back, laughing humourlessly. Her eyes are her most prominent feature as her eyelashes have been layered with mascara and her eyelids lined with eyeliner. Its clear she has tried to cover up her extensive amount of freckles wth foundation, but they are still faintly visible. Her lips have been coloured with red lisptick and her cheeks brightened with blusher. I then look and see that she must have a liking for piercings as they cover her ears and are dotted around her face, like on her eyebrows, lips and nose. As she points at him, the sleeve of her top pulls back and multicoloured tattoo sleeves become visible. They start at her wrist and travel upwards until they come to an end at her neck. The girl turns her attention back to the man, not even noticing me.
"Of course you didn't, that's why you have fucking scratch marks all over your fucking back!" She returns, her voice laced with venom and hate."You're a liar! Always have been and always will be!" She shouts before throwing a lamp at him, missing him and narrowly missing me. "Get out! Get the fuck out of my house!"
"No! Don't be a bitch about this, I'll explain everything," he tries but she just screams at him again. Then, I feel movement from behind me and see my brother walking into the scene. I would usually be worried, but Ollie used to be a rugby player (sort of like American football), hence why every boy I brought home was scared shitless of him.
"Hey, she told you to leave man, just go," Ollie says, towering over the guy, who is gorgeous from what I can now see.
"Who the fuck are you?" The man spits at Ollie. I can tell from the rare look in Ollie's eyes that he is angry and this is not a good sign. Ollie has never sworn in front of me and I have never seen him hit anyone, even though he has threatened to, but from the ways he used to teach me to fight and from the rugby tackles he has been apart of, I know he is very capable of putting someone in hospital from just one punch.
"I'm the person who is about kick your arse, that is if you dont leave like I told you to before," he warns stepping that little bit closer to him. I watch as the fear ignites in the mans eyes and he steps back, moving towards me, leaving. I step aside as he shoves past me, knocking me aside.
"Are you okay?" Ollie asks the girl and she nods, smiling.
"Thanks, I'm sorry about all of that, I didn't see you there." Feeling a little out of the conversation, I step closer and offer my hand to her.
"Hey, I'm your new roommate, Lily James," I introduce.
"Steph Cook, nice to meet you," she replies as we shake hands. I notice how when she shakes my hand, her eyes travel to Ollie.
"I'm going to go and get the rest of your stuff from the car," Ollie says, awkwardly leaving the room. I watch him leave before Steph invites me to sit with her on the sofa. The flat itself is perfect. The kitchen and living room are one room, seperated by a small wall with chairs either side. I can see the hallway with three doors leading to other rooms. The walls are all white, with randomly coloured objects scattered around.

"Is that your boyfriend?" She asks quite suddenly. I cringe and shake my head.
"No! God no, that's my brother, Ollie," I correct and she laughs nervously.
"Sorry, he's quite hot," she muses, almost saying her thoughts. I cringe again. What the hell?
"I really don't want our first conversation to be about how hot my brother is, so how about I just ask who that man was?" She laughs again and starts to explain her entire history with this man.
"Basically, we've been together for like three months and even then he was coming home at four in the morning saying he was on a night out or working, but I didn't say anything because I had no real reason, you know? Then last night, he came home at normal time and then on his back, I saw scratch marks. I don't scratch him. He said he had an itchy back so he scratched it. Bullshit. So I told him we were over, that he was a lying dick head and that I hated his guts and then your brother showed up and kicked him out," she finishes and I shake my head. Because of my dad, cheating is the one thing that I can't stand and would never be able to forgive no matter what.
"Wow," I sigh, not knowing what else to say.
"I know! I liked him though, a lot. Ugh, I hate him," she complains and I look sympathetically at her.
"It's okay, you'll find someone better, he wasn't worth it," I try and help, successfully making her smile.
"Thanks, I don't think I will though, I'm giving up on men," she says and I giggle, wondering how long that will last.
"Rosie, where do your want these?" Ollie calls from the doorway as he stumbles in, holding boxes with words like clothes and pictures written on them. I look to Steph for help, so she stands up and walks me toward the small corridor, opening the door to my room. I look inside and see that the walls in this room are also white as is the bedding and the curtains. All of the furniture is beach wood and surprisingly, the room is spacious, perfect for me.

The three of us then spend the rest of the day unpacking my things. While I unpacked my clothes, Ollie unloaded the books and placed them all on the bookshelf, which I hoped would be there. I wouldnt have known where I would put all of my books otherwise. Steph called my clothes cute and pretty, something I am definitley not used to. I was never a girl who had friends who were girls, most of my friends were boys, because they were easier. With boys, you dont have to go out all the time, you dont have to like them and they dont stick around. They were there as people to talk to and thats all I ever needed. Girls always wanted to go out, buy things and talk about other girls and I hated that.

After most of my things were unpacked, Steph ordered us all a chinese, even Ollie. He tried to say he had to go home, but she insisted, teaching me that she was stubborn as hell. After eating the best chinese takeaway ever, Ollie decided it was time for him to go and let me and Steph get to know each other better.
"Let me know if that bloke comes back again," he says as he squeezes the life out of me.
"I will, I'll miss you big brother," I say as he smiles down at me.
"I'll miss you too Rosie just promise me you'll keep safe." I promise him I will and when he leaves, I realise that I really am alone in a place I barely know.

I walk into the living room to see Steph is on the phone but when she sees me she tells the person she has to go.
"Do you want to go to a part friday night? It'll be a chance for you to meet some new people," she asks and as much as I want to go, I don't own any dresses, since I have never been to a party before, so I result to declining her offer.
"I'm sorry I can't, I have nothing to wear, I have never been to a party before," I apologise but she brushes it off.
"Kelly and I are going shopping tomorrow, come with us and we can find you some, I promise it will be fun," she pleads and I smile.
"Okay, I'm gonna go to bed now though, I'm shattered." She nods, wishing me good night as she turns the television on, watching a lot of tanned people in a house.

I get in my new bed and drift off into a dreamless sleep, the thoughts of possibillities running through my mind.