Chapter 13: I just can't stay away

Nathan left last night, he went to Kyle's, saying he needed to give me some time. I was grateful for it, but guilty as well. He shouldn't have had to leave for me, but he did, giving me a kiss on the forehead, as if I was afraid to kiss his lips. I'm not scared, or hurt im just confused. I understand why he kept that secret, he was afraid of me hating him for something he couldn't control. But that's it. He can't control it, it wasn't his choice, so it would be horrible if I judged him because of it. But he also told me he was getting a cure, that he didn't like what he was and that he wanted to be human. How can I be mad at that? How could I ever hate him for being different and wanting to be normal?
I think back to what he said about Kyle and realise how much of a difference there is between them. Kyle is so naturally human, you would never have guessed any different, but Nathan, he has always been mysterious, I should have known. When I first met them both, Kyle was the one who made me laugh and Nathan was the one intrigued me, who made me curious.
It's been one night and I know it is pathetic, but I miss him. I missed him yesterday after an hour or two, but now, I need him. I understand how he felt when I left, he just wanted me back and now I just want him back. I know he is a vampire and I know he is dangerous, but he saved me. He protected me. He gave me a home when I had nowhere to live. He slept on the sofa for days just so I could have his bed. Isn't his personaity what matters? Isn't that what I was taught when I was younger?

To Nathan

I miss you :( x

I type before pressing the send button, hoping that I have made the right decision. I trust him and I know that I probably shouldn't, but I do. I just hope he doesn't think bad of me for taking so long. I just can't stay away from him.

From Nathan

Really? x

I smile, feeling so guilty and horrible. Of course I missed him, why wouldn't I? He has been gone for an entire night, why wouldn't I miss him?

To Nathan

Yes, a lot, so get your arse back home x

After sending that, I smile as I wait for a reply. I can't wait for him to come home, I need to see him, I need to explain myself and apologise

From Nathan

Anything for you babe x

My cheeks burn, my heart literally does backflips and my smile is permanently etched onto my face as I read his name for me and how he would do anything for me. I told you he was nice really! After only three minutes, yes I counted, the door knocked, and Nathan was revealed looking awful. The red patches over his face, the dark circles under his eyes and the actually messy hair showed his bad state.
"Hey," he said, breaking the silence, but I did not reply, instead, I smashed my lips on his. He was surprised and so he stood there for a second, but then he returned it, pushing us inside, holding my waist and slamming the door with his foot.
"I'm sorry," I say, disconnecting us and holding his face in my hands.
"For what? You did nothing wrong," he whispers, still holding my waist. I smile crookedly.
"Yes, I did. I thought that what you are changes you, but it doesn't, it doesn't. You are still you, that hasn't changed and neither has the way I feel about you," I admit and see him smile, and I mean smile. It reaches his eyes and fills his face.
"Your amazing did you know that?" I laugh shaking my head. "I have something to say as well, so here it goes," he says making me smile.
"Lily-Rose James, you are the most beautiful, honest and genuine girl I have ever met. I want everyone to know how I feel about you, but now you know everything about me, you will know that is not possible. My job is dangerous, as is my life and I don't want you to be affected by it in any way, and so I want to ask you, will you be my secret girlfriend?" A tear falls from my eye as I nod and he kisses me once again.