Chapter 3: Pretty Pretty and then...me

The light blaring through my curtains shines in my eyes, waking me rudely. I groan as I sit up, knowing that the only way to block the light is to shut the curtains, which means getting out of bed. I don't want to get out of bed. I lie back down, wishing that there be a sudden eclipse, but surprisingly, there isnt, and so I am forced to get out of bed to shut the curtains. Just as I get back into bed, and the warm duvet is wrapped around me, my phone rings.
"Hello?" I ask rudely into the phone.
"Hello sweetheart, I just wanted to see how you were getting on," my mom says. How I'm getting on? I've been her a day! Why does she feel the need to ask me how I'm getting on at seven in the morning?
"Im fine, how are you?" I ask, trying to be polite.
"I'm good, I miss you so much sweetie," she says and I instantly feel guilty. Thats why she rang, she misses me.
"I miss you too mom, the flat is great and my roommate is lovely."
"Ollie told me about her when he got home last night, she sounds like a nice girl," my mom says but I hear the uncertainty in her voice. "I have to go, Ollie needs help with the washing, I love you."
"I love you too," I say and she hangs up, leaving me fully awake at seven in the morning. Reluctantly, I get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom where I clean up before quietly making tea. I turn the television on and watch frozen, one of the best disney movies created. As Olaf repeatedly asks," yeah, why?" the door knocks. I pause the film and walk over, opening the door slowly.

A girl around my age stands there, her phone in her hand. She has medium length, brown hair, with ringlets so tightly curled they resembled a mass of coiled springs, covering her head. She is slightly tanned and wears little make-up but she is gorgeous. She's pretty, Steph's pretty and then there's me.
"Hello, you must be Steph's new roommate," she says and I nod.
"Lily James, you must be Kelly," I reply and she shakes my hand.
"Let me guess, Steph isn't awake yet." I shake my head and open the door further for her to come in. She storms through and head straights for Steph's room.
"Get up fat ass! We need to go!" I hear Kelly shout and the next thing you see, Steph is being dragged out of her room, her eyes not yet opened.
"I'm up! I'm up! I'll get dressed just fuck off!" Kelly lets go of her as she walks into the bathroom and when we here the sound of the shower running, we know she hasn't fallen back to sleep.
"I better get dressed as well, what time are we leaving?" I ask but Kelly looks puzzled.
"You're coming?"
"Steph invited me to the party on friday night, but I have nothing to wear, so she said I could go shopping with you and by some dresses. It's okay if you don't want me to go, I have loads of unpacking to do," I ramble but she just smiles.
"I didn't say I didn't want you to come, I just didnt know, calm down. We're leaving in half an hour," she says and deciding talking isn't my strong point right now, I just nod,  turning the film off and rushing into my room.
Sighing, I choose a pair of jeans and a nice top, having no other nice clothes that I could wear. I put on more make-up than I usually would, since I am practically shopping with models, and I curl my hair, making it look nicer than I usually. Proud of myself, I meet the other girls and immediatley feel selfconscious.
Steph is wearing a lace top, showing her stomach and a pair of jeans with rips in them. She doesn't even have to try and she looks beautiful.
"Let's go bitches," Steph says, making me laugh. I have never been around so much bad language in my life.

Since I can't drive and Steph only has a motorbike, Kelly had to drive us to the nearest shopping centre, which coincidentally was only a twenty minutes away. We started by getting a McDonalds and then made our way into New Look.

"I like this one," Kelly says, holding up a black dress with glitter all down the left side.
"James woud like that on you," Steph comments. She notices my confused face and explains," James is Kelly's boyfriend, you'll meet him at the party." I nod, understanding now what she means. I start to look for myself and when my eyes land on the right dress, I rush to it.
The bright red fabric had red, glittery lace covering it, and would fall just above my knees. It has long sleeves and a lower neck than I would normally go for, but it was beautiful.
"That is so you Lily, Oh my God buy it," Steph says making me laugh.
"It's a bit low on the front."
"No, it's not. Just buy it, please?" I nod and buy it straight away, loving it.

The rest of the day was spent shopping for more dresses. I bought four, the red one, a flowy white one, a pale orange one and then a black one, which is way too short but Steph made me buy it because it made me look 'hot'. Obviously, I thought it was ridiculous but she forced it upon me.
That was something I learned about Steph, she is very stubborn and thinks she is right all the time, whereas Kelly is very easy going, doesn't really care about much. But I like that. I like being around different types of people, learning about them.
Now sitting in our flat, we have half eaten pizzas on the table and romantic comedies on the t.v. I could get used to this. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thursday is apparently food shopping day for Steph, so she has taken me to Tescos, to 'teach' me how to food shop just in case she isnt around. Naturally, I told her I knew how to go shopping, but then she continued to tell me how she didnt buy certain things, had to buy special things, and so I needed to know.
We are now in tesco and she is explaining that you have to buy a bottle of alcohol every thursday, because there will be a party friday and you need to have your own drink.
"Always buy a drink so that tomorrow, you have our own drink to drink from and stick to one drink, otherwise you get the hangover from hell," she states, confusing me, grabbing a bottle of  pure vodka. Should I tell her I don't drink? 
"Go on, get one," she orders but I smile at her, shaking my head.
"I don't drink," I say, causing her eyes to widen and almost explode.
"What? How? You must have had a fucking boring life," she says and it hurts a little. I have never had alcohol because I have ever needed to. I never went to parties because I was working and that was fine for me, I was happy. My life was not boring. 
"For your information, my life was fine. I haven't been to any parties before though, have I? So why would I have drink before?" I ask, annoyed and slightly angry.
"Did you never drink with the family at Christmas? Not on your eighteenth birthday?" She asks and I look away. 
"No," I answer simply, and leave her standing there, speechless. I walk down different isles, looking for the chocolate one. I need it right now. When I find it, I see the perfect triple chocolate cookie bar on the top shelf. I reach up, but as I do, my phone rings. Trying to answer the phone and reach up for the chocolate, the phone ends up on the floor. Of course, I take the chocolate first and then just as I go to get the phone, a man is already there. 
His hair is long, too long over his gorgeous face. His eyes are as blue as a summer sky, his lips a vibrant pink. His beard is short but it gives him a ruggid, interesting look. 
"Did you drop something?" He asks and I nod, smiling nervously. He hands me my phone and offers me his hand. "I'm Luke," he says and I smile back, shaking his hand.
"I'm Lily, thank you for that," I awkwardly reply and he chuckles. 
"It was no problem, but how about you make it up to me by joining me for a coffee?" He asks and I sigh silently.
"No, I'm sorry I have a friend waiting for me." He shakes his head, looking down. 
"Come on Princess, it will be fun." I freeze. He just called me....he called me.... 
"No," I whisper, turning and walking away. I walk fairly fast as the images pop up in my mind. I can feel my breathing quicken. I try and control myself but it becomes harder as the images of my dad come into my head. I find Steph where I left her, so I walk over slowly, to try and seem normal. 
"I'm sorry Lily, I didn't mean for you to get this upset," she apologizes but I just shake my head.
"It wasn't you, I just need to go home, sorry, ill explain later," I say and she nods, hugging me quickly before letting me go. I dump the triple chocolate chip cookie bar on one of the shelfs before leaving, my heart still beating ten times faster than it should. 

I'm sorry not much has happened yet but this chapter is important and you needed to get to know the characters a bit more! I promise Nathan is in the next chapter so it will be better.