Chapter 7: Scared Oh so scared

Steph spent that night screaming about the films and shouting and crying over Casey and Matt but that person has dissappeared as right now, she is in her room, wearing the most reveaing dress she owns, trying to make herself look irresistable. Of course, I told her that what she was doing wouldn't make a difference, but she said she wanted Matt to see that she was moving on. Deciding that she could do whatever she wanted to, I said nothing else and instead, I went to my own room, where I chose the pale orange dress. Even though it is tight, it's only a little bit above my knee so I don't feel as bad about wearing it.
From watching Steph the other day, I learnt how to apply make up better and so now, I am using her techniques. I used to wear make up before, but I only ever wore the basics. Now, I have been introduced to more complicated and difficult products. I straighten my hair and leave it to hang over my shoulders, not bothered to do anything else with it.
I open my wardrobe doors and see that I have no shoes that will go with the dress. Why didn't I buy any? Hopeful, I knock on Steph's door and ask her for shoes that would go with the dress. I watch her pull out a pair of orange, stiletto heels.
"Have you got any others?"
"No, why?" She asks and I look down.
"I can't walk in them," I admit and I see her roll her eyes.
"Yes you can, just walk normally, you'll be fine." Then, I just walk out of her room, put the shoes on and practice walking around. When I fall twice, I start to panic. It'll be okay, I convince myself, adding the last minute parts to my make up. If I fall over and make a fool out of myself, I'm blaming her.

When me and steph are both ready, we wait for Kelly to arrive. I was a bit reluctant to accept the lift from her after what happened last time, but I was reassured that it wouldn't happen again. My nerves are increased as I plan on talking to him tonight. I've been thinking over what I am going to say, trying to decide what makes me sound strong and what would just piss him off.
"Lily!" Steph shouts and I realise that I have been day dreaming, and have missed Kelly arrive. I apologise and carefully follow them out, successfully making it to the car without falling. Of course, I took the lift and so my accomplishment isn't as impressive, but I am still proud of myself. As Kelly drives, I start to get even more apprehensive about the party. What if he just walks off? What if he doesn't show? Thinking about it won't help, so instead, I listen to Steph explain how she is going to confront Casey. Honestly, I can't wait to see what Casey says.
We arrive at James's house, which is huge by the way and walk inside, the music vibrating the entire house. Kelly leaves to find James and so me and Steph make our way through the rooms, Steph picking up random drinks and downing them for 'confidence'. I wonder whether I should do the same thing, and then I think not. I wouldn't be a fun drunk.
"Hey!" A man calls and when I turn around, I see Kyle walking towards us. Thankfully, he isn't with Nathan and so I have time to prepare. Since there are less people here, I can walk without bashing into people, so I make my way over to Kyle.
"I need to talk to you," a husky voice says in my ear and when I turn, I see Nathan walking away. Of course, being the idiot I am, I follow behind him. He leads me into one of the back rooms where there are no people. I feel a little intimidated but I don't let it on as I am trying to seem confident and sure of myself. He stops, so I stop and then he turns to face me.
"I want to apologise for the other day," he says actually shocking me. He wants to apologise?
"For what? Not explaining how someone else's blood was on you or for pushing me against a wall and scaring me afterwards?" I ask, so he knows how angry I am.
"I scared you?" He asks, smirking. I roll my eyes.
"No, I like it when men threaten me when I am pushed against a wall with nowhere to go," I mock, my voice dripping with sarcasm.
"I'm apologising for all of it, I shouldn't have left you like that without explaining and I am sorry for threatening and scaring you, it won't happen again."
"Okay, I'll forgive you if you explain everything to me," I say, copying his famous smirk. He laughs and invites me to sit beside him on the sofa. I follow him over, sit and then gesture for him to talk.
"Okay, I got into a fight with someone, no one you know, but I am a good fighter, I'll tell you why later but since I am a good fighter, I didn't get hurt, instead I just really hurt the other guy," he explains but for some reason, I don't believe him.
"Why didn't you just tell me that before?" I ask and he smiles, but he looks embarrassed?
"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me," he replies but I shake my head.
"Try me." He lets out one short laugh before looking at me, and I mean he really looks at me.
"I didn't want you to think I was a bad person, I didn't want you to be scared of me, but then you were and I knew that you deserved to know the truth," he admits and I shake my head. It seems so cute that he didn't want me to think that.
"I don't think that you're a bad person, if you want, you can start over?" I offer and he smiles, laughing again.
"Okay, I'll start over. Hello, my name is Nathan Riley." I giggle and shake his outstretched hand.
"Hello Nathan, I am Lily-Rose James," I copy and we both end up laughing. He then takes my hand and leads me back into the rest of the party, which to be honest I had almost forgotten was happening. I am very aware that his hand is in mine and I think he knows. I feel so stupid but I feel safer like this and I don't want him to let go. He asks about me, where I work and what I like for a whle as we walk around and I like the fact he wants to get to know me.
We soon find Steph, Kelly, James and Kyle, all dancing in the middle of the living room. I've noticed how James and Kelly never leave each other. Kyle is dancing with Steph, well they are bumping their bums together and how James and Kelly are dancing together, their bodies mixed in ways I never though possible. There are people I have never even seen before drinking around them but I ignore them and focus on the people I know. I wonder where Casey is, did they already fight? Did I miss it? As soon as we reach them, I ask Steph but she tells me she is coming later and how she wants to slip it into conversation, just to see her reaction. I agree and join them in dancing, bashing my bum against Kyle's. Then, I see Casey, her dress as short as ever but her boobs more on show, walking up to us, drinking and dancing with random people.
"Heyyyyyyy," she slurs and when I look at Kyle and Nathan, I see them roll their eyes, causing me to laugh. Casey hugs Steph but Steph doesn't return it, instead she suggests that we all play a game of never have I ever. In the game, a person will say never have I ever and then a fact. If you have done what they said they haven't you have to drink a shot, but if you haven't done it, you don't drink.
Being the non drinker I am, I say I don't want to play, but Steph insists it will be fun, winking after. I laugh and sit in the circle. Of course, I am nervous because I don't want to drink anything.
"Are you okay?" Nathan asks and I nod. I am sat by him and Kyle in the circle but from here, I can see Steph and Casey perfectly.