Ch. 1

STILES POV

The day started like any other. Stiles was awoken by the blaring sound that was his alarm. Once again he decided that this year he would take all honors classes which meant staying up all night working and studying. Luckily today was Friday, start of the weekend. After, pressing the snooze button, twice, he found his way out of bed getting dressed for the day. He had to get up early to swing by and pick up his best friend Scott. He hurried down the stairs to find his dad at the table reading a work file, and sipping some coffee.

"Hey kiddo" he greeted Stiles

"Morning dad. Is that a file for work?"

"You know I can't talk work with you" Mr. Stilinski remarked

"You're right. I'll just go through your office later" Stiles joked, his father letting out a light chuckle. He grabbed an apple off the counter and his keys off the table heading out the door.

Stiles soon pulled up to Scott's house and found him patiently waiting outside. Scott smiled at his friend letting the jeep come to a halt before he jumped in.

"Hey Sti" Scott said smiling and buckling his seatbelt

"Hey yourself. What's got you all smiley?" Stiles asked starting the car, and beginning their way towards school.

"Lacrosse tryouts are today. I'm ready to show coach, and the entire team what we've got" Scott explained, and Stiles just gave him a scoff. "What dude? We practiced all break and you've gotten really good. There's no reason we both shouldn't make first string. And it means..." Scott remarked his voice trailing off at the end.

"Means what?" Stiles asked giving Scott a glance out the side of his glasses

"Well Derek Hale is most likely going to be captain of the team. It means more time you can spend pining over him"

Stiles tensed up. It wasn't until freshmen year he came out as gay, and only Scott knew of his little crush on Derek.

Derek Hale, master at every sport, incredibly smart, and incredibly sexy. Stiles has known him since the third grade but he couldn't be any farther off Derek's radar. Everyone liked him for one of 2 reasons: either because he was popular, or because they wanted something from him. Not Stiles, when he observed Derek, from afar, he found him to be a fun, yet surprisingly sweet caring person. Their first and last conversation was in the 4th grade when they worked on a project together. Derek made Stiles laugh so hard milk exploded out his nose.

Pulling into the school parking lot Stiles was drawn back to reality "I do not pine over Derek" he finally responded "I don't even like him anymore" Stiles wanted that to be true. He spent so much time on someone who would never see him for anything other than another face in the hallways.

"Suuure" Scott sarcastically remarked as they walked through the school doors.

"Im serious. Dereks out of my league. He's at the top of the high school social hierarchy and I'm at the bottom" Stiles explained "I mean he would date me as a joke. I've decided to move on"

Sarcastically Scott laughed "Okay. I believe you"

Stiles rolled his eyes and began approaching his locker.

DEREK POV

Derek sat in his camaro readying his things, and listening to a story Isaac was telling when he seen a familiar blue jeep pull into the school parking lot. He couldn't help but block out Isaac, who was sitting in the passenger seat, and shift all his focus to Stiles as he made his way into the school. He had always liked Stiles. Every since 4th grade when they worked on that project together he couldn't get the thought of Stiles out of his head. Derek was soon pulled back to reality when Isaac began to run his hand back and forth in his face.

"You're totally not listening to me"

"Huh?" Derek remarked getting out the car.

"Dude just ask him out. This will they won't they thing is getting a bit tiring."

Derek uncomfortably shrugged his jacket on then his backpack. Everyone knew Derek was bisexual, but only Isaac knew who he liked.

"I don't think I can" he told Isaac

"The big bad Derek Hale is afraid to ask someone out?" he joked as they entered the building Stiles coming into their view. "Look just go over there and ask him on a date, maybe to movies or lunch just ask" Isaac was motioning in Stiles' direction. He gave Derek a reassuring pat on the back right before he nudged him towards Stiles.

Breathe. Derek said to himself slowly etching his way towards the lanky pale boy. Soon he was just inches away. Stiles was digging through his locker so his back was to Derek, which meant he probably couldn't see Derek's chest quickly rising and falling out of fear. Moment of truth he thought to himself.

STILES POV

Stiles quickly ruffled through his locker. He couldn't believe he already couldn't find his calculator. Scott was just a few lockers down talking to his girlfriend Kira while they waited for him to find his missing calculator. He was flipping through his locker frantically rearranging his school books. I really need to clean this thing out he told himself. Somewhere in the midst of all the chaos he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned quickly to see the one and only Derek Hale. He had a small smile on his face and was playing with the strap on his back pack.

Stiles let out a shaky"Yes?"

"It's Stiles right?"

He gave a stiff nod.

"Uh I just...uh...wanted to see...If you're not too busy...well maybe you wanted to go out with me this weekend?"

Stiles choked on his spit a little bit. He looked around trying to convince himself he wasn't dreaming. He concluded: he was very much awake. Stiles, as casually as he could, looked to the right of him and seen his rather pretty locker neighbor Sarah. Maybe Derek was talking to her Stiles thought, he was sure of it. He was beginning to realize quite some time had passed.

Riiiiinnnnggg

The school bell sounded. He was saved by the bell. Without giving it a second thought Stiles frantically slammed his locker door and walked towards a very confused looking Scott and Kira. Leaving Derek without an answer. They entered AP Physics taking seats at the back of the class. Once settled Scott tapped his pencil on the back of Stiles' head prompting him to turn and face both him and Kira.

"What?" Stiles groaned

"What do you mean 'What?' Why was Derek at your locker?" Kira asked, eyes wide with curiosity. Stiles assumed Kira knew about his crush since Scott couldn't keep a single thing from her.

He didn't know what the hell had just happened so he came straight out "He...uh....he asked me out?"