Ch. 11

STILES POV

It was two months later and Stiles was laying on his sofa tapping his pencil against his notebook trying to figure out the problem he was studying. There were papers scattered all across the coffee table, he was cramming for the two tests he had Monday. His father was taking a shift at the station, and he was home alone in silence the only noise was the low hum of the tv. He kicked himself once again What was I thinking all AP classes. He ordered pizza 20 minutes earlier and was finding it harder to focus on anything else. He couldn't work on an empty stomach, and he was getting grumpy. The doorbell rang and Stiles just about tripped over his backpack trying to get to the entrance. He grabbed his wallet turning the knob and swinging the door open.

"It's about time" he said pulling out money only to see his smiling boyfriend "You're not my pizza"

Derek chuckled his shoulders bouncing "Here's your pizza" he brought a box from behind his back handing it to Stiles

"How'd you know?"

"I ran into the pizza guy out on the stoop"

"Well thank you" he smiled closing the door behind Derek, and rushing to the kitchen. His boyfriend stayed in the living room taking a seat on the couch looking around at the scattered mess.

"What's going on here?" he asked as Stiles returned back to the living room.

He spoke with a full mouth "Studying, I've got some tests on Monday"

"I'm assuming you've been at this all day?" Derek inquired scooting closer to him, wasting no time.

"Yep" he swallowed another bite

"And you probably need a break?" Derek leaned in and was nipping at Stiles neck, slowly pressing kisses against his soft skin. The smaller boy absentmindedly craned his head to the side giving Derek easier access.

Stiles made a quiet "MMmmm" noise

"Was that for me or the pizza?"

"Pizza. Definitely the pizza"

"Well looks like I've got some competition then huh?" Stiles couldn't give his witty comeback before Derek etched forward slowly filling the space between their lips. Stiles couldn't help but feel embarrassed that Derek was kissing his pizza flavored lips. But suddenly his lips were more interesting than the pizza he didn't get to finish. He dropped the food letting his hands rub Derek's broad shoulders slipping off his jacket, and tossing it on the floor. Stiles moved so that he was laying completely on the couch, Derek's body hovering just above his. He could feel him fiddling with the hem of Stiles' shirt pulling it up and over his head breaking their kiss only for a second. Stiles wanted to feel his lips on every inch of the body, it felt like Derek was reading his mind because he instantly broke their kiss moving down his neck. Stiles had his fingers on Derek's head, he loved his hair. He pulled Derek's shirts off their skin now touching. Derek moved down Stiles' body kissing and leaving marks wherever he could, and Stiles could feel his pants tighten. Moans escaped his mouth but he didn't care it felt heavenly. Derek pushed himself back up meeting his lips with the plump pink ones that were Stiles'. He let his hands grip the smaller boys waist pulling them into each other, Stiles let his mind race. He didn't think he could do this but he didn't want to upset Derek. He realized he was letting this pull him from his current situation because Derek pulled away giving him a quizzical look.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked

"Derek I just...I don't think...I'm so sorry I'm just...I'm not ready yet" Stiles sat up throwing on his shirt his face becoming more red by the second.

Derek didn't seem phased. He grabbed his boyfriend pulling him back down to sit beside him on the couch "Stiles don't apologize. It doesn't have to happen now, hell it doesn't have to happen ever"

"That's a lie" Stiles scoffed

"My point is that I love you, and that means I would never force you to do something you didn't want too" he leaned back pulling Stiles close to him kissing his forehead.

Hours later Mr. Stilinski showed up for lunch to see his son, and his boyfriend laughing about something on the couch. He smiled at the sight hanging his coat up on the rack, acknowledging the boys with the clearing of his throat.

"Oh hey dad"

"Mr. Stilinski" Derek stood to shake his hand

"Hey Derek, and It's john"

"Yes sir" he smiled sitting back down.

"I'm just grabbing some lunch. I picked up a night shift so I'll be going back out" John explained just as Stiles wiggled his way from Derek's hold and walked to the kitchen.

"I thought you weren't taking a night shift tonight?"

"Look i'm sorry but I've got to get those extra hours. And the case we're working on now...it needs all the manpower we can get"

Stiles rubbed the back of his neck.

"Son I'm so-"

"No no It's okay I understand" Stiles stopped him then went up the stairs disappearing into his room.

John packed an overnight bag and lunch and now stood by the front door

"Can you just tell him, tell him to say hi to her for me" he spoke to Derek before leaving.

DEREK POV

Derek shut off the tv, and headed upstairs to Stiles' room, stopping at his door to knock

"Come in" he was sitting at his computer desk staring at a photo in his hands"Sorry I left you, I was coming back down"

"It's fine" Derek sat down on the edge of his bed in front of the other boy "You're dad said 'tell her hi' Is he talking about your mother?"

"Yeah. Tonight's the anniversary of her death, and we usually always go to visit her" Derek looked down to see a beautiful brunette woman in a hospital bed, and an adorable boy sitting next to her smiling holding her hand.

"That your mom?"

"Yeah." he took a breath, which prompted a tear to roll down his cheek "Sometimes, sometimes I just feel like he's forgotten her, and other times I feel like I've been holding on to her for to long, I mean she died 7 years ago"

Derek grabbed the picture from his hands setting on the desk, taking Stiles' hands in his "She'll always be your mother Stiles, and you don't have to let her go. Not 'til your ready, people just have different ways of grieving that's all"

He smiled at his boyfriend, he love making Stiles feel better "Will you stay with me tonight?" Stiles asked laying down onto the bed

"Of course" Derek wrapped his arms around Stiles' waist pulling him in close.