Ch. 5

STILES POV

Stiles had binge watched ten different shows on netflix all the next morning. Mainly because every time he'd try to concentrate Derek would slither his way into his mind and he would try to watch something that required more attention. He wanted to hate him so bad, he wanted to never think about him again but he was stuck. He kept thinking about what would have happened between them that night, what his kisses would feel like, or his hands in Stiles' hair. A part of him felt so pathetic for still wanting to be around him after that night. He swore he was going to stay on the couch all weekend, but being cooped up in that house and left alone with his thoughts was not a good idea.

Stiles switched off the tv and was running upstairs to take a shower. In his room he ran around in chaos looking for a clean towel. He found one behind the door that smelled relatively clean. Opening the door to his room and heading to the bathroom he found he got a text from Scott.

Scotty: Hey I'm coming over be there in five

Stiles: Goodmorning to you too. I'm jumping in the shower, you know where the key is

Stepping into the shower he let the warm droplets trickle down his back. He stood directly under the falling water letting his hair soak it up. He really needed to get a grip. If Stiles never wanted to feel that pain again he needed to move on and forget about Derek. Derek Hale, there he was again finding his way into his head. He quickly switched the water off stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around his waist. He swung open the door letting the cold air filling his house bite at him as he walked back to his room. He didn't consider it strange that his room door was closed even though it was open before his shower. Stiles wished he would have thought something of it because when he opened his door Scott was laying on his bed and Derek was sitting in his desk chair swiveling around to face the half naked boy.

DEREK POV

They pulled up to Stiles' house, Scott had told him he was coming over, not with Derek of course. Nonetheless Derek felt a surge go through his body just knowing he was going to see Stiles. They walked up to the door and Scott removed a loose brick from the wall revealing a small golden key. He proceeded to use it to open the door. When they walked inside Derek could hear the shower going. It became louder and louder as he followed Scott upstairs.

"Maybe this wasn't a good Idea" Derek noted as Scott pushed passed Stiles' door revealing his room. Derek smiled at the state of chaos it was in. He felt like someone bottled up Stiles' personality and emptied it in there.

"It'll be fine. No backing out now" Scott gestured towards the desk chair "Pull up a seat relax a little"

Derek did as he was told, but continued to protest slightly "I just don't want him to get upset with me, not again"

"Stiles doesn't get upset he gets quiet. Which is strange for someone with ADHD...It'll be fine Derek"

Derek heard the door of the bathroom open and he took a breath. He just about passed out at what came next. In front of them Stiles stood dripping wet with only his bottom half being covered. Derek was finding it so very hard not to stare, for a scrawny looking kid Stiles seemed slightly ripped. Derek jerked forward a little catching himself from falling out the chair. Stiles' face soon became scarlet red from embarrassment.

"Well...I certainly wasn't expecting...this" he gripped at his towel to keep it from falling. Derek secretly hoped it would.

"Stile-" Derek began but not before getting cut off

"Actually I should probably get some clothes on first" Stiles moved swiftly to his dresser removing clothes, then heading back to the bathroom.

Derek was practically drooling trying to keep his cool "Jeez Hale keep it in your pants" Scott joked.

"So..." Stiles began walking back into the room throwing his clothes in a hamper "To what do I own this ambush" It was subtle but he was clearly a little upset. Derek shot Scott a glare.

"I don't know boredom. Let's go do something" Scott suggested

"All three of us?"

"Why not?" Scott asked finding his way off the bed "C'mon"

"Where we going?" Derek asked

"Mall"

Outside after locking up the house the three of them made their way to Stiles' jeep and were en route to the mall. The ride was filled with a chilling silence Derek had to break it or else he would go crazy. He glanced around the jeep looking for a conversation starter. He noticed the tears and rips in the ceiling of the car.

"How long have you had this jeep?" Derek questioned

Stiles took in a deep breath, almost reluctant to answer "Long. It was my mom's in college"

"Wow and she still runs like a champ"

"For the most part"

In the mall the first place they hit was a Shake shack. Stiles needed a burger, and Scott needed to make sure things were at least going smoothly before he left. Stiles ordered a triple meat deluxe with extra curly fries, Derek had a simple cheese burger accompanied by a chocolate milkshake, Scott just settled for a coke.

They took their meals finding a seat at an empty table. They sat around talking, or more like Derek and Scott talked about lacrosse and every once in awhile Stiles would give a grunt in agreeance his mouth full of curly fries. Then, it was time for the plan to be set in motion. Scott looked down at his phone and let a frown tug at his lips.

"What's wrong Scotty?" Stiles asked his mouth full

"It's Deaton he needs me down at the clinic"

"Wait you're leaving" Stiles asked "But this was your idea"

"I know but I really have to go. I'll have Kira pick me up"

Derek wanted to be alone with Stiles but once it came it was like he couldn't find a thing to say.