Ch. 6

STILES POV

Derek was very nervous and Stiles could tell. He wouldn't look him in the eyes, and his leg was bouncing uncontrollably.When he couldn't hold it in anymore he just came right out with it.

"Stiles I really want to talk about what happened the other night"

"Derek it's fine. It's just nice to know I was right"

"But you weren't " Derek reached across the table placing a hand on Stiles'. When he didn't move away he continued "I wanted so badly to be alone with you no one knew where I was going. I didn't tell anyone. It was just dumb luck those drunk idiots stumbled upon us"

There he was, doing it again, leaving Stiles without anything to say " I want to believe you Derek-"

"I want you too. Look, Scott told me about freshmen year"

"Of course he did" he rolled his eyes.

"I'm just saying that I know it means I'll have to work really hard for your trust, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes, and maybe you could give me a second chance on that date?"

God can't this guy say one wrong thing Stiles thought " I think...Well do you think maybe being friends for a while would be okay"

Derek seemed at a loss but soon compiled "Yes because having you in my life in any way will be enough" Derek smiled.

That night Stiles got home his dad's cruiser was parked in the driveway. It was a little early for him to be home but Stiles was happy. He walked In and found his dad sitting on the couch chomping on potato chips. Mr.Stilinski's face was covered in shock, he knew he wasn't supposed to be eating junk food.

"In my defense son" he began "I've had a hard day" Stiles snached the bag of chips from his father taking a seat beside him making his father chuckle.

"You okay son?" he asked

"Not really no"

"You want to talk about it?"

Stiles took a deep breath. If he didn't get this off his chest, and soon he just might burst.

"There's this guy...He uh...well he wants to go out with me"

"And that's bad why?"His father asked. Stiles loved how okay his dad was with talking about things like this.

"Well he's popular y'know out of my league. I just don't know If I should trust him. I don't want this to end up like..." he let his voice trail off at the end.

"Stiles you're a great person anyone would be lucky to have you. Listen not everyone's gonna be like Ronnie. The sooner you realize that the easier it will be to believe that not every person is bad"

It was simple logic that made a bit of sense. "Thanks dad" Stiles said running upstairs to shower, chips still clutched in his hand.

"Where you going?"

"Shower"

"Can I have my chips back?"

" Nope"

About an hour later Stiles was lowering himself into bed setting his alarm. He was not ready for school. Things seemed to be a little too hectic at the time.

A week later Stiles found himself in front of his locker talking to Scott and filling Kira in on everything.

"So you're friends?" Kira questioned

"Yeah"

"But you both want to be with each other?" She was trying to wrap her head around it all.

"More or less yeah"

"Well this is all confusing as hell." she said laughing "C'mon we've got to get to English" Kira said tugging at Scott.

Stiles grabbed his AP Calculus textbook  and proceeded to look for his glasses. They were on the top shelf when he was reaching for them. A soft pat on his shoulder caused him to jerk back slightly, dropping his glasses. Stiles bent down after closing his locker.

"Sorry about that" It was Derek

"Oh it's fine" Stiles remarked, reaching for his glasses.

Derek got to them first, and handed them to him. "I just wanted to see if you wanted to walk to class together?"

"Oh yeah sure" He smiled bringing his glasses to rest on the bridge of his nose as they began to walk.

"So, our first games next week how ya feelin' ?" Derek asked casually. When they would hang out neither of them would mention their conversation the week prior. They were supposed to be 'just friends'

"I don't know. A little nervous just don't want to screw this up, a lot of pressure comes with being first string"

"You'll do great I know it" Derek smiled placing a hand on his shoulder as they entered the classroom "You've been awesome at practice, you really understand the game and..." he whispered for this next part "you look really sexy in your uniform. All good perks"

Stiles stopped in his tracks as Derek proceeded to his seat. How were they supposed to be just friends when Derek was always making comments like that. When they ran into each other earlier that week Derek made a point to note that Stiles' pink lips were "definitely kissable" He hadn't heard Derek talk to any of his "friends" like that.

"Okay Class" Mrs. Hernandez began prompting Stiles to take a seat "Today we have a new student. This is Dean Montgomery" Everyone watched as a Tall blonde entered the classroom. He had piercing green eyes, and muscles that didn't stop. Stiles couldn't help but let his jaw drop. He took the only open seat that just so happenedf to be next to Stiles. Mrs. Hernandez was waiting for the bell to ring just as the very handsome guy leaned over to speak to Stiles. Be cool Stilinski he told himself.

"Hey, I'm Dean" he said extending his hand.

"Stiles" he responded, shaking his hand
"Where you from?"

"Just moved here from Beverly Hills" he told him

"Well that's a big jump. Let me be the first to welcome you to Beacon Hills High School. How do you like it so far?"

"Well I can say I'm liking it much better now" he cooed at Stiles. He couldn't tell if he was flirting or not, he gave him a half smile and leaned back over to his desk.

He looked up to see his friend Lydia trying to get his attention. Her eyes were darting to the back of the class where Derek sat. Stiles soon got the hint to turn around. When he did he saw a very jealous looking Derek glaring at Dean.
***************
Top picture is of Dean