Ch. 12

STILES POV

"So what do you want for your birthday?" Stiles asked running up behind Derek and Isaac

"Nice to see you too" Derek remarked

"What's with all the smiles Stilinski?" Isaac joked

"I passed all my classes, and I've finished applying to all my desired colleges. Now all I need to worry about is what Derek wants for his birthday"

"I don't know. I don't think I want presents. I mean Isaac is already throwing a party that should be enough" he was now holding Stiles' hand in his.

"I guess I'll just figure it out myself. If your boyfriend shows up without a present I'll be branded douchebag of the year"

"Just show up tonight that'll be enough I promise"

"Okay" Stiles looked down at his watch 'I've gotta go see Lydia, I'll see you tonight" Derek pecked his mouth, and Stiles hurried off in the opposite direction.

After school Stiles sat on his bed, and began to wrap the present he got for Derek's birthday. The party was starting in 15 minutes, and he scolded himself for not setting it up earlier. He pulled out wrapping paper, and a nice bow. He had already gotten Derek's present a month earlier, and just made it seem like he had no idea what to get him. He pulled the box from his closet placing it on his bed.

"Woah that look like a pretty expensive camera" Scott said appearing in the doorway.

"Yeah Derek's a bit of a shutterbug. I hope he likes it"

"Of course he will" Scott assured him just as Stiles' phone began to ring

"It's Derek" Stiles said waving his phone around

"Get it, I'll finish wrapping the present" Scott told him pushing his best friend into the hallway.

"Hello"

"Babe where are you?" there was music blaring in the back

"I'm still at home, just had to get somethings together"

"You're still coming right?"

"Yes Derek of course. Calm yourself"

"I was just making sure"

"I'll be there in 10 I promise"

"Okay. Love you"

"Love you too"

He hung up the phone, and re-entered the room finding Scott placing a bow on a beautifully wrapped box. He was shocked at Scott's hidden skills.

"If only you were this neat when it came to keeping that death trap of a room clean" Stiles joked grabbing the box.

"Shut up" he tossed Stiles the keys "You ready?"

"Yep. C'mon"

They were driving, heading to the party and Stiles couldn't help but feel this surge of happiness pass through his body. He was thinking about how lucky he was to have his best friend who was always by his side, a dad who always supported him, and a boyfriend who loved him. It was like everything in his life was going right, and he hadn't a care in the world. They were sitting at a red light, and Scott was talking about Kira. When Stiles learned he spoke too soon.

"I got into a vet school not too far from where she's going, so we decided we'll be moving in together after the summer" He was grinning like an idiot

"That's great. That means you'll really have to learn to clean up after yourself"