Ch. 13

DEREK POV

They sat in the hospital waiting for Scott to get done. Kira was standing talking to Ms.McCall, and Derek was in a waiting chair on his phone simultaneously watching Stiles. He was acting weird since they arrived at the hospital. He had just returned from getting a drink of water and was now leaning up against the wall, his eyes squeezed slightly like his head was killing him. He would continue to clutch the right side of his head as if it would stop the pain, but it obviously didn't go away because he continued to repeat the process.

"Babe, are you okay?" Derek questioned. He only responded with a very slow nod. "Are you sure" Derek was now standing in front of him.

"Yeah I feel fin" that didn't sound right "I frot dine" the words weren't forming, but he continued to try "Me mock me se freen"

"Stiles" he stopped trying to speak, and almost as if in slow motion he passed out falling hard to the ground. Derek was shaking him trying to get him to wake up. Melissa ran over unsticking Derek from an unconscious Stiles.

"What happened?" Melissa pressed

"I-I don't know. He was clutching his head, an-and then he was trying to talk but- but he, he couldn't form the words"

Melissa peeled back his eyelids going over them with a small light "Prepare a CT room, and have Dr. Hampton meet us there" Derek tried to follow but was stopped "Derek you have to stay here"

"I have to go with him" he pleaded

"You can't sweetheart, I'll tell you everything as soon as I know it"

It wasn't until about half an hour later the Sheriff came rushing through the door. The distraught teen sat his head in his hand rocking back and forth.

"Derek what happened?" the Sheriff was fighting back tears

"I don't know. After the accident they brought Scott and Stiles back here. Scott was more injured so he was a priority. They cleared Stiles they said he was fine, but he wasn't he wasn't fine he started talking weird and he passed out"

"Where is he no-" he hadn't the chance to finish before Melissa was walking towards them prompting both to stand anxiously.

"Melissa what's going on? Where's my son?" John sped through his words

"Stiles shouldn't have been cleared" She explained

"Why what's wrong?" Derek just needed an answer, he needed to know if he'd be okay

"The accident caused his brain to hemorrhage, you can't tell that just by looking at someone, and not being treated for so long caused the change in speech, and caused him to blackout"

"-but he's gonna be alright right? I mean you can fix this" John asked

"Surgery is the only way..." her voice trailed off

"What's the matter? What's wrong with surgery?" Derek was furious

"There's a high chance he wouldn't survive it"

Their faces dropped. Derek's breaths quickened, and he stumbled back a little trying to find a seat to take. He couldn't believe it, Stiles was just fine, he was okay he was laughing, and now Derek had to think about life without him.

"There's nothing else you can do?" John pleaded

"Only surgery can fix this" Melissa put her hands in her pocket looking down "They'll bring him out for awhile before they prep him for his operation"

They waited...and waited....and waited. Scott was soon released, and Isaac showed up. Scott, Kira, and Isaac were all informed of everything that had taken place in that short time, and they waited too.