Ch. 3

STILES POV

That night came faster than usual. Before he could look up Scott was already at his house knocking on the door. Stiles shrugged on his red hoodie, running a quick hand through his hair. He grabbed his glasses and keys and was out the door.

"Really Sti?" Scott questioned once they were in the car "The hoodie?"

Stiles started the car " It's only a bonfire Scott. And who are you to talk Mr. Jean Jacket"

Scott put his hands up in defense " All I was saying is that it's also your first date with you know who and you're dressed like that"

Stiles scoffed, shrugging his shoulders, and stopped at a red light.

"What's with you dude?" Scott began now a little more serious "You've liked him forever and now, now it's like you could care less"

Green light " Because there's a reason behind it and I'd feel more better he just told me. There's no way he'd ask me out" they were parking the jeep across from where the edge of the forest started.

"Stiles, you need to stop doing this to yourself" Scott explained, shoving his hands into his pockets "Maybe, just hear me out, maybe he actually likes you"

"Maybe not" Stiles responded stubbornly walk through the woods. The sky was fading darker my the minute.

They continued on following the sound of music. Stiles felt more of a pulse flow through his body as they neared the bonfire. Soon a blazing fire came into view with almost half the school hanging around it. The minute Kira was spotted Scott was nowhere to be seen leaving Stiles alone. He scanned the party looking for anyone he knew. He failed to find anyone. Half the faces were unrecognizable and the ones he did know it was only from passing them in the hall. He ran a shaky hand through his hair, he never really liked parties or crowds in general. But Scott dragging him to just about every social event pretty much helped to loosen him up. A bit.

They were 20 minutes into the party and Stiles was ready to go home. Scott was somewhere off with Kira, and because he couldn't just leave him there he decided to wait until Scott was ready to leave. With that being decided Stiles picked up his cup of beer and wandered into the forest. He was walking a good 5 minutes before he stumbled upon a giant rock to which he proceeded to sit on. Stiles gazed up at the stars hoping this night would be over soon and that Derek had forgotten about their "date". He was trying all too hard to figure out exactly why Scott believed Derek so easily. Maybe he did like me Stiles wondered. He instantly sent those thoughts out of his head once he realized how crazy they were. They were bringing painful memories into his head. Before he could let those memories consume his mind any further the thing he dreaded most happened.

"Stiles?" He heard a voice call. He didn't have to look up to see that it was Derek. Stiles just continued to keep his head down staring at his partially empty cup pretending as if he hadn't heard him. He didn't know why but for reason he thought that meant he would go away.

"That is you" Derek spoke once more now approaching Stiles " I was afraid that you bailed on the whole bonfire thing"

"Strongly considered it. But Scott wouldn't take no for an answer so he's the reason I'm here"

"Is he the only reason you're here?" Derek cooed in a soft voice.

Stiles blushed furiously. He was hoping it was dark enough that Derek couldn't tell.

"What are you doing over here anyway?" Derek continued taking a seat next to Stiles on the rock causing their shoulders to brush together.

"Well Scotts off somewhere with Kira, and parties just aren't really my thing"

"So what is your thing?" Stiles didn't want to get too close but Derek just kept asking questions and Stiles couldn't find an escape.

"I don't know...lacrosse, tv, writing"

"So you like to write?"

"I guess" Stiles shrugged. He was tensed and fidgeting.

Derek placed a reassuring hand on Stiles' thigh "Are you okay Stiles?"

He stopped moving focusing on the warmth emanating from Derek's hand "Uh yeah. I just think I forgot to take my Adderall"

"Adderall" Derek began " That's for like ADD right?"

"ADHD" Stiles corrected.

"Oh"

For a moment the questions stopped and things got quiet again. A short time later Stiles got this uneasy feeling, like someone was watching him. Surely enough when he glanced out the side of his eye he found Derek staring at him.

"Uh Derek?"

"Yeah?"

"You're kinda staring...at me" he pointed out

"I know" Derek gave him this smile that practically made him melt "You're very beautiful Stiles"

He froze. Stiles went back through their entire conversation word by word and Derek hadn't done anything for Stiles to suspect foul play. He considered once again that maybe Scott was right and that maybe, just maybe Derek actually liked him.

Stiles was about to respond when he heard rustling in the bushes. It came again, and again this time followed by stickering.  Soon Stiles knew his nightmare had come true when he watched Jackson and Aiden stumble from behind the bushes laughing uncontrollably.

It happened. It was freshmen year all over again. Stiles' heart was bursting out of his chest and all he could do was freeze. He closed his eyes tightly praying, to whoever was listening, that when he opened them again it all would be gone. But alas when he opened his eyes his nightmare was still running its course. Stiles slid off the rock trying to get to his jeep as fast as his feet could take him. He was so set on getting to the car he hadn't noticed Derek hot on his tail.

"Stiles!" He called out " Stiles please wait it's not what it looks like "

He stopped dead in his tracks " But it is Derek it's exactly what it looks like. I was right all along, I was entertainment for you all." Stiles took another breath " Least you could have done was give me a heads up when I asked for one" before Derek could prove him wrong Stiles already had disappeared in his jeep.