Ch. 16

STILES POV

It was the day of his release and Stiles found a way to sweet talk Melissa into letting him go a couple hours early. He threw off that gown and slipped comfortably back into his own clothes. After being in that room for weeks Stiles was more than happy to get out of there. Clutching his duffle bag he thanked Dr. Hampton and gave Melissa a quick hug on his way out. The jeep was looking to be damaged beyond compare so he called a cab to meet outside the hospital, he was going to meet Derek.

After the long cab ride with the driver who smelled like rotting onions, the Hale manor soon came into view. He was eager to get out of the car not just because of the terrible smell but because he was looking forward to surprising Derek. He tossed the driver some cab fare and jumped out from the back seat. Trudging through the gravel to Derek's doorstep Stiles found himself overflowing with joy. He gave the door three simple knocks and waited for it to swing open.

"Stiles!" Talia shouted emerging from the doorway "It's so good to see you" she plunged forward engulfing him in a hug.

"You too Mrs.Hale"

She let him out from her embrace "Now what did I say about that?"

"Talia, right" he smiled sheepishly, walking into the house.

"How are you feeling?"

He sat his duffle bag on a nearby table smiling at her "Not too bad. Actually I've pretty great for a while I think they kept me in there longer than usual"

"Maybe" she laughed, then let her face turn more serious "I'm really glad you're okay. We were all so worried, and Derek well he... " Stiles knew it was hard for him Talia didn't have to tell him "Anyways you're probably here to see him so I won't hold you any longer"

Stiles gave her a sweet peck on the cheek then hurried up the stairs. Derek's room was at the end of the hall so Stiles was careful to sneak past his siblings rooms not to give his presence away. He was almost in the clear when Clara came strutting out her room, a purple tutu on her waist and a crown placed crookedly on her curly head. Stiles knew what would come next she always got so excited to see him. He quickly moved to cover her mouth picking her up.

"Hey Clara" her eyes filled with glee "I'm on a secret mission right now and I could use your help. Can you help me?" she nodded vigorously "Okay when I move my hand you've got to stay very quiet can you do that?" another nod. He removed his hand from her face revealing the biggest of smiles.

"What's the mission?" she whispered

Stiles was shocked. He didn't think he'd make it this far without her making a sound "We-well..." he sputtered "In my duffle bag downstairs there is a bag of your favorite gummy bears I saved just for you. I forgot to bring them up here with me. Now I can't go get them see because no one can know I'm here, but if you can get down there, quietly, they're all yours" He winced not knowing if she was buying it. There really were gummy bears waiting for her he just hoped they were convincing enough to keep her quiet.

She squinted her eyes nodding in agreement and he returned her to her feet "I'll go get my ninja costume" she whispered before disappearing back into her room.

This made Stiles laugh. He turned back facing Derek's room inches away. He grabbed the handle easing the door open. When he poked his head inside Derek was still under his blanket fast asleep. A mischievous smile played at Stiles' face as he closed the door, and toed off his shoes while simultaneously walking towards the bed. He threw a leg over his sleeping boyfriend so that he was straddling him. Stiles looked down at Derek who still hadn't woken up, and smiled. He let himself chuckle a little thinking about how in just a few months he went from trying to get away from Derek to now laying on top of him in his bed. He moved down to plant gentle kisses on Derek's jaw line.