Chapter 5

I was woke out of my sleep by Bre tapping me.

"Toria I'm scared its thundering can I sleep with you?" She asked. "Sure." I laid her on my chest and looked over to see Vaeh sleep on James.

I noticed Bre couldn't sleep so I song her a song Ms.Daniels used to sing to me when I was a little girl.

I've been coming home late night
I've been sleeping past daylight
I'm waking up, you're not by my side
Baby, that ain't right
I wanna be there with you
I really do be missing you
Everything I do is for you
And I really do adore you
You're getting so big now
And you're making me so proud
Cause you are such a star
And you know that you are
So every single little moment
I can't be there to hold your hand
I need for you to know that
Anything should happen, anything should happen
Cause anything could, if anything should happen
Know that you'll be alright, know that you'll be alright
Just promise you'll be alright, promise you'll be alright

As I song to Bre I started crying remembering when I was a little girl and I first met Ms.Daniels.

I was at the store with my mom and I wanted some candy she kept yelling no.

So Ms.Daniels got it for me and she gave my mom her number. My mom never used it but one day I was playing outside when Ms.Daniels was walking down the street.

I waved at her and she came and gave me a hug.

She seen the bruise on my face and my swollen eye. I was only eight years old so I didn't know any better I told her what happened she talked to my mom about it and then I got beat for that too.

I found out Ms.Daniels stayed right down the street from me so I went over there and she's been my mother figure ever since.

She would help me with my homework and boys.

She would tell me all the time I was beautiful and I meant something in this world.

Now she's gone and I have no one.

I was knocked out of my thought by Bre wiping my tears.

"It's ok Toria" she said. I smiled at this little girl as I continued she finally dozed off.

*Next Morning*
I woke up and went to do my hygiene.

Afterwards I left to McDonald's to get everybody breakfast and my check.

"Welcome to McDonald's how may help you?" "Uhh can I get 6 breakfast trays triple stack, hashbrown, sausage and bacon with 6 orange juices. Thank you."

"Coming right up and here's you check Toria." I sat and waited on our food when August walked in.

"Hey Auggy." I said.

"😂Who is Auggy? That shit so gay bruh." "O mfrn well you gone be Auggy today." he laughed.

"Her funeral gone be held in two weeks we going out of state to Hawaii. She always wanted to go so I got family plots out there."

"Coo but you know I can't afford that." I said looking down.

"Its coo ma I got you but come by Friday to read her will." "Alright bye Auggy."

I grabbed the food, paid and left.

*Back at the house*
Every body was up watching t.v.

"I got foooddd." They all ran to the kitchen causing me to laugh.