22: Lucky

Prompt: Lucky
Warnings/TWs: none
Tags: it's a surprise :D, fluff and angst

--

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Him. They're best friends.

They've been through the wringer and back. They've been friends since they were young. They've dated. They've stopped talking. They've gotten close again.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Him. They're best friends. They're soulmates.

They joke about it sometimes, about being the only one for each other. They've talked about it, too. They've made casual promises about getting together if they're single and alone in ten years.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Him. They're best friends. They're soulmates. They're lovers.

They didn't really mean to bring sex into feelings, at first, but it'd happened as a drunk one-off and it'd just kind of kept happening. It's okay. They talk about it. They agree it's some kind of step-by-step thing, that other relationships are okay as long as they discuss it for now.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Him. They're best friends. They're soulmates. They're lovers. They're committed.

The rings they wear sometimes are promises for a forever future, but not yet.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Him. They're best friends. They're soulmates. They're lovers. They're committed. They're boyfriends.

It wasn't a big thing. It was just a single conversation.

Scott.

Yeah?

I'm ready if you are.

Yeah. I'm ready. I love you.

I love you, too.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to be here, side by side with his best friend, his soulmate, his lover, his boyfriend. His fiancé.

It'd been a quiet proposal, at home during dinner.

I'm so lucky to have you in my life. We've been through it all and we're best friends and boyfriends and we're going to conquer the world together. I love you so much, and I hope you want me in your life as much as I do. Will you marry me?

Yes, Scotty, yes! I love you so much.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to be standing here, at the altar, across from his best friend, his soulmate, his lover.

I do.

I do.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to be standing here, across from his best friend, his soulmate, his lover. His husband.

His heart hurts when he spots Mitch sitting in the first row, drawn and pale and a little teary, but he'll be okay. If Scott has his Someone, Mitch will find his someday.

(what do you do when you've found your Someone but you're not their Someone?)

(some people move on. it's never been like that for mitch.)

(it's okay. as long as scott's happy.)

(it'll be okay.)

(right?)

-fin.