28: Inspiration

Prompt: Inspiration
Warnings/TWs: none
Tags: Meta, kinda, Fluff, Inspiraception, random side Malec, Alternate Universe 

UPDATE/NOTE: FUCK ME THERES A MALEC THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE MAGNUS BUT IT HAS COMMENTS ON IT AND I CANT EDIT IT IM SORRY AHEAD OF TIME

-- 

What is inspiration? Inspiration is the feeling you get when you look at the only person you love and suddenly you want to create galaxies and moons and stars and suns and universes just for them. -----

Fuck. Too existential. -----

"Hey, do you wanna go get coffee after -----

Too cliché and too big of an opening. FUCK. -----

"So is it really meta to be writing about having no inspiration for the prompt inspiration?" Mitch says out loud to no one in particular, but Scott's head pops up from between stacks of books, where he's been quietly studying.

"Is this for the challenge thing?" He asks, and Mitch nods.

"Ah. So your prompt for the day is inspiration?"

Mitch nods again. He's been participating in a month-long challenge to write a short snippet of fanfiction every day according a list of prompts that'd started circulating on Twitter.

"I mean, I thought this one wouldn't be as hard as it is, just on account that Alec and Magnus are literally the most soulmate goals you can get. They inspire each other on the daily, and here I am struggling to write inspiration."

Scott shrugs. "True. I dunno, do you have any ideas at all?"

"No, that's why I asked if it's meta and ironic to write about having no inspiration for the prompt inspiration."

Scott rolls his eyes, and Mitch sighs. "Look, just answer the question, Samantha."

"Probably. I don't know, though, Mitch, I don't write much. If all the tweets I've been reading are any indication, though, a lot of people are struggling with it. Even Kirstin and Cari, and you know they're like some of the biggest and most prolific writers in the fandom."

Mitch sighs. He's doing that too much today. It's his only free day, he needs to wrap this challenge up so he can focus on school and just post as needed for the last three days.

"I might just have to go with no inspiration as my inspiration," Mitch says to the stack of books Scott's disappeared behind again, and Scott hums in affirmation.

Magnus thinks -----

Inspiration. What a fucking terrible word. -----

"So how am I supposed t -----

Suddenly, Mitch knows what he's going to write, if he can do it right.

"So is it really meta to be writing about having no inspiration for the prompt inspiration?" Malec says out loud to no one in particular, but Alec's head pops up from between stacks of books, where he's been quietly studying...

-fin.