22: Lucky (the real one)

haha motherfuckers here's the real Lucky, the one i wrote first and the one that's going to fix your heart
Tags: Fluff  

--

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Mitch. They're best friends.

They've been through the wringer and back. They've been through it all. They've been friends since they were ten. They've been best friends since almost then. They've been lovers in high school. They've stopped talking. They've gotten close again.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Mitch. They're best friends. They're soulmates.

They joke about it sometimes, about being the only one for each other. They've talked about it, too. They've made casual promises about getting together if they're single and alone in ten years. They've made not-so-casual promises about always being there for each other.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Mitch. They're best friends. They're soulmates. They're lovers.

They didn't really mean to bring sex into feelings, at first, but it'd happened on tour and it'd just kind of kept happening. It's okay. They talk about it. They agree it's some kind of day-by-day thing, that other relationships are okay as long as they're relatively short-term and very discussed before committing to anything even remotely longer term.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Mitch. They're best friends. They're soulmates. They're lovers. They're committed.

The Cartier rings, both the matching one and the twisted one Scott'd gotten for Mitch on his birthday, weren't supposed to symbolize anything more than future forever, but they ended up doing that. The Cartier bracelet did the same thing, on a smaller scale. It meant that it was forever, but not yet.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to have Mitch. They're best friends. They're soulmates. They're lovers. They're committed. They're boyfriends.

It wasn't a big thing. It was just a single conversation.

Scott.

Yeah?

I'm ready if you are.

Yeah. Yeah, I'm ready. I love you.

I love you, too.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to be here, side by side with his best friend, his soulmate, his lover, his boyfriend. His fiancé.

It'd been a quiet proposal, at home during dinner.

I'm so lucky to have you in my life. We've been through it all and we're best friends and boyfriends and we're going to conquer the world together. I love you so, so much, and I hope you want me in your life as much as I do. Mitchy, will you marry me?

Mitch had cried. Yes, Scotty, one-hundred times yes. I love you so much.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to be standing here, at the altar, across from his best friend, his soulmate, his lover.

I do.

I do.

Scott doesn't know how he got so lucky to be standing here, across from his best friend, his soulmate, his lover. His husband.

Sometimes, the universe lines up just right, and your Someone also knows you're their Someone.

It's too rare, too far and few between, but sometimes, it just works out right.

-fin.