Epilogue I

Epilogue I

Eros

"Come on bro. The wedding's about to start." I sighed as I heard Ethos. I really hate weddings. Bakit ba kailangan magpakasal agad ni Sofia? I just met my little sister and now this guy is already taking her away from us. Ni hindi pa nga naaamin sa kanya na tunay namin siyang kapatid.

We went to the church and waited for the bride to arrive. Nakita ko ang groom na nakangiti sa mga bisita na lumalapit sa kanya. Hindi din naman maipagkakaila na halata sa kanya ang pagiging totoo sa kapatid ko. I made a background check on him and I must say that he's a good guy. But I still hated the fact that he's taking away my little sister from us.

The wedding march started and we all walked down the aisle. I was determined to hate this occasion, until my eyes caught the sight of a woman with a smile on her face walking down the isle. She has this long curly hair with a flower crown on top of her hair. She has this beautiful smile but it didn't touch her eyes.

Her eyes met mine but it was brief. I don't even know if she actually saw me, because I know that most girls would linger their eyes and gape at me, and hers didn't.

I found out that she's my sister's bestfriend—the maid of honor. I don't even know why I would always catch myself looking at this girl. I'm not usually like this. I'm being weird. But fuck me. I cannot help it.

She's like a magnet, pulling all my attention to her. Making me watch her every move.

I tried so hard to not look at her because the last thing I want to have is an attached feelings to someone. Especially to a very beautiful woman like her. She smells like trouble for me. I kept myself away from her making sure I won't be near her.

"Dahil lang sakin kaya nagkakilala kayo." I looked beside me and I was surprised to see her beside me. Yung taong gustong-gusto kong layuan hindi ko namalayan na nasa tabi ko na pala. Damn. Hindi nga ako nagkamali, mas maganda siya sa malapitan...

Wait. What did she say? She's the reason why Sofia and that guy met?

"So it was because of you." Her head turned to me as I speak. Dahil sa babaeng to nawalan agad ako ng oras mapalapit at makabawi sa kapatid ko.

"Oo dahil sakin." She said and drank on her glass. I can see in her eyes that she's a little bit tipsy already.

"Idiot." I mumbled.

"Anong sabi mo?" Pinaningkitan niya ako ng mata.

"I said you're an idiot."

"Aba't—" I looked at her because I'm now having fun watching her, annoyed. "Antipatiko."

She became silent for a while until she started to sob and now hugging her glass of alcohol. I'm not a saddist but she looks cute though. Like a little kid.

No attached feelings. I reprimanded myself.

But then, here I am, watching her. Again.

"Why are you crying?" I asked. She looked at me, irritated. Kahit ako naninibago sa sarili ko. I'm really not this nosy. The last thing that I want to do is to stick my nose up to somebody's business. But this woman, there's something about her that I cannot help but to ask.