Chapter 13: Crystal vs Toby Horhorta

A bright light blinded me when I opened my eyes and in front of me I saw the whole arena cheering with excitement. I’m going to battle against Toby from Lamia Scale and he was… a half dog.

“Lightning Dragon Slayer is so cool,” he said.

“You know that’s not my real magic”

“Than what is it?”

“Now now I’m not just going to tell you my secret. How about we make a deal, if you I lose I’ll tell you my secret BUT if you lose you have to tell me your secret. So do we have a deal?”

He nodded and the battle started. “SUPER PARALYSIS CLAW MEGA MAGA JELLYFISH” and his nails turned long and green. He didn’t take a second to think and started to attack me.

I dodged quickly from his attack, “DRAGON SLAYER: DRAGON CLAWS” and short, thick, black dragon claws appeared instead of my nails.

(Macarov POV)

So Toby is competing against Crystal from Raven Tail. “Bust up Ivan’s guild,” I shouted to the dog like person.

“DRAGON SLAYER: DRAGON CLAWS”

“No. It. Can’t. Be!” I turned to Mavis and she wore a horrified expression, “What…?”

“Dragon Claws is a lost magic of Dragon Slayer. It’s impossible to learn it unless…” Her voice trailed off and I just stared at her waiting for her to continue. “You’ve lived in the time when Acnologia was still human.”

“What?! That would make her hundreds of years old?! But this doesn’t even add up; she has the same aura of Acnologia, uses lost magic and has a lot of different dragon slayer magic.”

Mavis nodded, “It can mean she is a long lost descendent of Acnologia but I can’t understand her magic.” It’s impossible to be related from Acnologia but when she fights she’s only dodging the attacks and she isn’t even trying. I guess this is only the begging of her magic.

(Crystal POV)

I kept dodging his attacks one after the other. “You’re strong,” he said panting heavily.

“You’re really fast but I think it’s time to end this.” He launched at me but I dodged him and inserted my dragon claws into his sides. He stood there frozen for a moment and then hit the ground. The bell rang to show that the battle had ended and I had won.

“So what’s your secret?”

“My socks…I can’t find one of them…Even though I’ve been searching for it for the past three months, I can’t find it for some reason. I…I couldn’t bring myself to tell anyone…”

Seriously…he’s crying over his missing sock? I sighed heavily and approached him. “You know it’s on your chest right?” He looked down and started crying with happiness, “You’re such a good person.”

“Whatever…” I trailed off and went back near Raven Tail but as always noting is good for Ivan.