8

JOEY JEWISH - BEAUTIFUL SOLITUDE

DAISY

During the party, everyone enjoyed and danced along each other and others eating and talking quietly, while Jack and me sat next to each other and beside the cake saying nothing at all.

Just staring out of space.

Especially me, since everything is so different for me now.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're now going to let the bride and groom a little special moment for them to remember." The DJ said through the microphone.

Everyone clapped and cheered for us while we stood up and made our way to the dance floor.

Some of the guest's stepped aside and stood surrounding us while watching.

I stood infront of him and sticked my hand to his while my other on his shoulder.

He put his hand around my waist and I felt a tingle flow down from the back of my spine.

As soon as the song started, we slowly danced along to the music and swayed around.

While we were dancing, I looked up at him to see his reaction and it wasn't good.

He looked around boringly waiting for this to end, then he puffed out his mouth, and he sometimes would let go of my hand and waltz like that.

So disrespectful.

After the music ended, everyone clapped and cheered and whistled to us.

We faced everyone but suddenly Jack walked out heading to where the bathroom was.

I was so embarrassed that I did the same too.

I saw my mom looking at me but I just gave her the "this is the worst day ever" look.

|||

The party was still going on, but Jack and I had to leave the party because that's how it's supposed to be at most weddings.

I said my goodbyes and hugged each one of my peers while I waited for jack to finish talking to his parents and family members.

He didn't look very convinced and all I could see is them arguing.

He looked so pissed that he just walked off and went inside the car turning on the engine.

"Bye mom, I love you." I told her hugging her.

"Goodbye, tell me what happened next tomorrow. If you know what I mean." She winked.

I chuckled nervously thinking that what about if it happens?

Nah, I don't think so. Especially since he's not in the humor of doing that.

"Bye, dad." I turned to him while he lit a tobacco. "I love you and thanks." I said.

"For what?" He sweetly asked.

I paused and thought all the fun things we used to do when I was little.

How he used to piggy-back me, how he used to lift me up in his arms even if I was already an adult or teen. I love him so much that I'm so thankful for him even if he didn't show me that much love for me.