34

DEREK

"Where could my baby be?!" Daisy shouted through Caleb's room throwing all of his stuff down and to the wall smashing all of his belongings.

I couldn't control her. She's been like this for weeks and she hasn't been the same ever since the incident.

Her brown skin turned into pale, her brown eyes turned into dust, and her beautiful face turned into depression.

"Daisy, please calm down. My man's are looking for him through all over Mexico. Just calm down." I said going close to her but she backed me away.

"Get away from me! Don't touch me! Get out! Get out of here! I don't want to see nobody!" She pushed me away with all her force, and slammed the door in my face with all her force that the walls trembled.

I put my back on the door, and slid down onto the floor.

I pulled my hair in frustration regretting all of this. This is my fault. I should've never booked that ticket and leave our son behind. I'm the worst father ever and I will always be one.

+

We sat far away from each other on the couch while I had my hands clapped together with my head hanging.

I couldn't see what Daisy was doing since my hair covered me from looking at her from the corner of the eye.

I looked at her, as she sat with her knees brought up to her chest. I tried getting close to her and hug her, comfort her but nothing work. She will always push me away and say it was my fault. And it's true, it is my fault. I can't stand this pain inside me not knowing where my son is at.

+

DAISY

After Derek had left to God-knows-where, I stood up from the couch that I've been sitting in there for 3 hours, and walked to Caleb's room closing the door behind me.

I walked up to his messy bed, and sat down looking around the surroundings.

I bit my lip trying hard not to cry. But I failed, it was hard not to cry at least once an hour.

I cupped my face in my hands, bursting out. I don't even know if he's safe out there. He has to be close by here, he can't go that far. I'm the worst mother ever, and I will always be one.

I sniffed in through my nose, and began walking to the door.

But as soon as I was about to head out, a neon green poster was slightly out on the corner of the closet door.

I pulled the poster out, and see many pictures of us together laughing, or either Derek and me dancing on our wedding while Derek holded me. Another was Caleb learning how to walk, me behind him. And lastly, one picture on Caleb's birthday, while Caleb had cake all over his face, and Derek and I talking pieces of icings off his face with our index finger.

Below it, had a little note under the pictures ;

My favorite heroes are my parents. They help me everytime I needed something. They teach me how to be a well, educated boy, so when I have a girlfriend, I'll be a gentleman, just like my dad does to my mom. Dad always fills her with kisses and hugs, and to me makes me happy that we're a united family, and that we will always be together forever.

- Caleb Luh, 8/27/16, Mrs. Woods.

It must've been a school project. With that note that he wrote on made me breakdown easily, now I was laying on the floor.

"Baby, come back. Please come back."

+

DEREK

I was sitting at the bar, a whiskey on my hand, staring down at the table, then gulping down the glass that I had.

I've had enough, I can't be here. I can't let Daisy alone at the house with no one on her side.

So I got up, and left without paying walking straight to my car.

I unlocked my door, and got in frustrated pulling the ends of my hair.

I took my keys out, but as I was about to turn the car on, my phone buzzed on the cup holder.

I faced the screen to me, and see an unknown number transferring.

It kept buzzing, until I finally gave it in.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Derek."

I sat up straight, and swallowed.

"Who is this?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

I heard chuckling, "seems like you don't remember my voice. It's Jack, Luh."

Jack. He probably has my son, that son -

"Hellooo? You still there?"

"I know you have my son. Give me back my son!" I shouted.

"Woah,there. Relax. I'll trade you your son for something else."

I don't know why, but I felt nervous and sweat coming out of my forehead.

"What? Money? Drugs? Prostitutes?" I held my the phone hard, getting angry.

"Ja, I got everything of that. I don't need that. If you wanna know, come with Daisy and meet me at the old factory that's behind 32 street."

And with that, he hunged up leaving me with no words.

If he doesn't want any of that, then what does he want?

No...

He can't be serious.

He can't take away the love of my life.

¶¶¶

Much love, Stephanie