Final Epilogue

DAISY

"Caleb, sweetie?" I asked him urging myself to not burst out crying.

"Mom. Oh, mom, I'm so glad I finally got to find your location. You don't know how much I spent all my time looking for you." He said telling how much he had changed even more since his voice is different than back.

"What do you mean? I was also trying to contact you and wait for you to call me someday but you never did." I look back and forth to Carter as he stands at the door positioned into a bodyguard with his big gun in his hands.

I hear Caleb scoff, "It must've been Jack. To what I have heard, he blocked the line to our phones so that we can't have connection towards each other and deleted the location on the internet. I couldn't find you at all. But, I also did my whole best to find you. I hired internet hackers, professional private technicians, every one of a kind and nothing at all. It's like if you have gone missing and I couldn't find you. So I went to the extreme. I met up with some gang people who knew where you and Jack are at. I had to pay so much just to find you," He sighs then continues, "But now, I finally found you, mom."

"I'm so sorry, love. I should've known something suspicious was going on. But, Caleb, please don't tell me that you're in a drug business as well. Please don't."

He stays quiet for a moment while I shake my head already knowing that he is, "I'm sorry, mother."

I sob lightly, "Caleb, how could you do this? Why?"

"Mom, I-I-I needed money. Once I arrived here, it was great. Totally great. But then, I found a package one day filled with stack of drugs. I took it since I wanted to return it to the police but the leader found me and told me that he would kill me if I did that. He said that he had to kill me so that I wouldn't go and tell the cops. I begged them not to and that I would do anything to not reveal the secret.

Suddenly he just asked me to join his group and deal business with him...Mom, I wasn't living great. I was kicked out of my apartment, sparing change at the streets, and that's how everything changed to the day I saw the package. I tried to contact you when I got kicked out but you didn't answer. So, I had no home, and I had to make that decision. But now, I'm living fine."

"Caleb, I-I-I didn't know what you went through. I should've left with you when you asked me to. I regret it so much."

"And that's why I called. To seek for you and make you come over here and live with me. Mom, please. You don't deserve to be living with a man like Jack. He's going to be like that for the rest of his life. No matter how hard you try to change him, he won't."

Before I could say anything, Carter taps me and shows me with his fingers to his watch that the time is up.

"Caleb, I have to go. I'll call you when I have time. Or when Jack is not here. I love you so much and I miss you so much. Take care."

"I love you too, mom." He responds before I hang up immediately and give Carter his phone back.

"Thank you."

He leaves out and I stare out the far orange sun painting the blue sky.

I wanted to leave with Caleb. I really do want to. But, what if Jack finds out and searches for him to kill him and then me? I have to make a decision. And fast before time runs out. Before Jack finds out.