11

DAISY

I unlocked my door and open it slowly watching out for jack.

After what I saw last night, I think of him as my nightmare.

I tip toed down to our bedroom and see the door open.

As I walked in, everything was destroyed.

Clothes were messed up on the floor.

Lamps thrown on the floor.

Bed sheets messed up and even blankets on the floor.

I went to the bathroom and hear the shower running.

I quickly stepped out and went downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast.

-

As soon as I finished, I set two plates down. But in Jack's, I spit on it and let the saliva dissolve in it.

I sat across his plate and kept my eyes on it.

Jack suddenly appeared and sat down across from me grabbing a fork sticking it to the scrambled eggs.

Everything was silent, except for our forks clinging against the plate.

As he was eating, he made a look spitting the egg out.

"What is this trash?!" He shouted. He looked closely and saw my saliva.

Uh-oh.

"Is this yours?" He asked pointing at it.

"N-no." I said looking down.

"What do you mean no?! This is your spit. You were the only one cooking and the only one who lives here!"

He got up and threw the plate crashing it down on the floor.

He walked up to me furiously and grabbed my hair tightly making me groan.

This time I wasn't gonna cry. Not today. Nor will I let him hurt me.

"Did you really think I was gonna fall into that? You tried to food poison me?! Babygirl, you should've thought of something better if you wanna kill me." He said.

"Let me go! You're hurting me!" I shouted trying to get out of his grip.

"Let me teach you a lesson." He said.

He pulled me up and led me down to the food that was on the floor spread.

He grabbed a handful of it and shoved it up in my mouth. I screamed and spit it out turning my head avoiding him putting more.

"Yeah, is it delicious?!" He asked shoving more. I kept some on my mouth and spit out to his face.

He wiped his cheek and suddenly slapped me hard that my cheek sting.

I cried laying on the floor holding my cheek.

"And next time, try something better." He said catching for air.

Then he left out fixing his tie.

¶¶¶

Much love, Stephanie