18

"I think it's from someone. Read the card." My mom said pointed at the card. The gift card. I slowly take the card. "You're so slow let me read it for you." Avery grab the card from me.

"Dear Gwen,
You're 17 now, I hope you like the flowers. And remember I'll never like you haha
Sincerely,
Your charming bff (guess who?)" everyone laugh after Avery read the message out loud. "Is it from John? He's so funny." My mom laugh. My dad look at me and I ignore the death stare.

Okay I get it. This is from John. Wait maybe he's around here. "Hey I wanna go out for awhile" I said and my mom "wait its already midnight it's dangerous to go out alone. You're a girl too by the way. Remember this is not a village that you can go out all by yourself." My mom is so worried of me. As long as she worried I don't care, at least I know she still loves me. "But I'm 17 now and today is my birthday." I make a little tantrum. "Let me accompany Gwen." Avery said she knows that I wanna search for John. "Me too!" Mike raise his hands up and take his embroidered jacket behind the door because it's quite cold. Mike is so never out of style. He's handsome so I don't care that he's always look up and keep his pride up.

As I take my wool cardigan and Avery take her hoodie we're ready to go out now. My parents have no idea of what's going on between we three. But maybe my dad is. But we don't care. I bring my iPhone and switch on the flashlight. And then we saw one of the bush shaking. At first we thought it's just a stray cat or dog but then I heard 'aaa~~~choo' someone's behind the bush. We brave ourself and check behind the bush. "Omg you make us shock." Avery beat that thing. I still can't see it because I walk at the behind. And I saw it trying to stand and then I see the face. It's John! Omg. I can't hide my smile.
"Hey, I thought you're dead." I giggle.
"How dare you dummy." He poke my head.
"Please guys don't act cute." Avery warn us. Oh yeah we're near our house my parents might've seen us if we take too long outside.
"Thank god I thought you're kidnapped or something." Mike said to him.
"This is John okay." He speread his arm and said it arrogantly cute. I run and hug him and kiss him on a cheek.
"Ew what's that for?" He ask me and wipe his cheek with his glove.
"I thought you liked her." Avery said.
"She's my best friend, of course I like her." He said. Ouch. Only his best friend? I thought were more than that but never mind. I don't care. I've got friendzoned the whole years we're being a best friend.
"Okay bye need to go back home since it's too late." I leave him first because I'm embarrassed of what happened just now.
"Wait !" I look back. He hand me a box of chocolates. The box is heart shaped. Aw maybe he likes me.
"You said she just your best friend so what's up with the heart shaped box of chocolates?" Mike smirk and elbowing John. John pinches mikes butt and say "Yeah i know right. Hehe they said that's the only one left so I just grab it to give it to you." Huh, my face goes down. I lose hope. "What's up with the flowers?" Avery elbowing him too. "Um, it's just.... aha i walk here and passed by a flower shop so I thought that you never get any flower because you don't have any boyfriend so I wanna to give you because I want you to actually feel what's the feeling looks like." He said. I can't really see his face because it's too dark but I know he's smiling. But yea maybe he's being sarcastic and laugh on his own joke. So yup friendzoned again. "I had Isaac okay!" I yell. Mike and Avery was looking at me except for John.
"Isaac? Hahaha... Isaac? Huh?" John said smirking at me.
"What?" I said making a blurry face. Mike and Avery was looking at John passionately.
"I thought you're already breakup." He said.
"Nope" I shake my head.
"Oh okay then." He leave us slowly and disappears from our eyes.
"Why did you do that." Avery push me.
"I don't know it's automatic." I said. And we go back home and sleep.

...
As I arrived at the school i walk quickly towards my locker. My locker is full of flowers and notepads. It says....