Chapter 4

The last time I saw my mom, she told me I was special. Not just because I am her only girl, but because she looked out for me the most.

I used to be a crybaby and very fragile when I was a little. That's why they all observe their behavior around me and they never let me get hurt.

I was not used to befriending just anyone because my mind is telling me that they will all leave me someday. Some will talk behind my back because of my personality, some will use me for fame and family, and there would be people who'll aim to put me in danger because I'm weak.

I was taught to take precaution when it comes to socializing. That's why from being an annoying crybaby, I became too self-centered and protective with my well-being.

What I didn't notice because of my desire to avoid being hurt, is that I became so indifferent with other people. I don't know how to get along with many and I am often entitled as 'ill-mannered brat' when I was in my freshman days in high school.

They say I lack emotions. I don't know what's painful and what's not with my words. Until I met Cora who literally slapped me right in the face when I told her that her mom passed away because it's her time to die.

After a year then, my mom passed away, too. She was diagnosed with bone marrow cancer called 'Multiple myeloma' and she fought for her life for four years, but sadly, she didn't make it.

I already expected that Cora would laugh at me and tell the same thing I told her back then. But I was surprised when instead, she went to my mom's funeral and hugged me sincerely. No matter how much she wanted to lash out on me, she couldn't; Because she knew how it feels to lose a mother and she wouldn't want me to feel more down.

After that, we became friends and I sincerely apologized for what I've said. It was the first time I felt the floor on my foot.

"Don't worry, your mom is looking for you up there.." Daddy said while wiping the tears on my cheeks. I am here at his office and we're sitting beside each other on his sofa. We're both silently looking at the huge portrait of my mother.

"I miss her, dad.." I whispered with my cracked voice. I couldn't help it. I always imagine how my life would be if she's still here. I cried and hugged him. He tapped my head and caressed my back.

"I know.. and I miss her too." he admitted. His voice is so low and relaxing. I could say that my father is strict and business minded, but he's the sweetest and the calmest person I know.

I never saw him cried even on my mother's funeral. He just stood there and stayed awake all night to manage everyone and everything without showing us what he really felt at those moment. But I know, there were times when he just want to disappear too, if it weren't just for us.