Chapter Twelve

"What do you mean?" i asked him. 

"I mean that i have to move for my career. It's what my managers want" he said sadly. "Are you mad?" 

"N-No. I'm not mad. I'm just really upset" i said, tears starting to fall from my eyes. 

"I'm so sorry" he said pulling me into a hug. "I really am.."

"Just- when exactly do you have to leave?" i questioned him, pulling back from his hug. 

"Next Wednesday" he said softly. I started crying harder. 

"How long are you supposed to be gone?!" 

"For 6 months" 

"AUSTIN!" i yelled. "6 months? Away from you?! I can't do that!"

"You don't have to stay 6 months away from me!" he said back. "I'll fly you down there to visit me! I promise i will!"

"Austin.." i said, my tone starting to soften. "It won't be the same"

"Wait, are you saying that you want to break up with me?" he asked, tears ringing his eyes.

"No! I just- i don't want to be away from you" i murmured. He pulled me into a hug again and let me cry on his shoulder. 

"I don't want to be away from you either." he said into my neck. "I really don't"

We just stood there like that for awhile, just holding each other in the other's arms. After a little while longer, he pulled back and kissed my forehead. 

"Let's not just sulk around about me leaving in a week. Let's spend every second we can together." 

"Okay" i said. 

"Promise me that there will be no more tears" he said sternly. 

"I promise" i said, leaning in to his lips. He kissed me softly and we walked back in, joining the others. 

"What happened?" Robert asked, eating a bowl of popcorn.

"We talked about.. Miami." Austin said. 

"Ohhh." Robert said attempting to turn around. "Wait. Miami?! Why would you be talking about Miami?" We had both Alex and Robert's attention now, so Austin spilled it.

"Because i'm um.. moving there next Wednesday."

"W-What?" Alex asked, "What do you mean?"

"I'm moving for my career." Austin murmured. 

"So you just going to leave us?" Robert asked "Just like that?"

"It's not like it's for forever" Austin started "It's actaully just for 6 months"

"Oh.. i'm going to miss you bro" Robert said, standing up and setting the popcorn down on the table and giving him a man hug. 

"I'll miss you too" Austin said. "Maybe i could fly you down there sometime"

"Sounds good to me!" Robert laughed. Alex just sat over there awkwardly and looked down when we met eye contact. What was his problem?

"Alex?" Austin asked. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah i'm fine" he said. "I just um.. i gotta go." He stood up and walked out my door, not even saying good bye or anything. I just sighed. 

"What's his problem?" 

"Who knows" Robert said, rolling his eyes. "He's so weird sometimes" We all walked back over to the couch to finish our movie and when we did, Robert left leaving just me and Austin.

"So, what now?" i asked. 

"I think we should go get Whattaburger" he said confidently.

"LEGGO!" i said, getting up and walking out the door with Austin. I didn't live to far away from Whattaburger, so we just walked. When we got there, we ordered our food and sat down and ate and just talked. We made a few jokes and we shared some insiders from the past.

"EDWARD! IT'S OKAY. IT'S OKAY!" i said really obnoxiously and loud. Austin started cracking up and almost fell out of his chair.

"Oh my gosh!" he said after he calmed down. "That.. was good"

"Yeah! I know" i giggled. This basically went on all night and i felt like i have never laughed harder in my life. When all was done, i went back home and got a shower and went to sleep, dreaming of Austin yet again