Cleaning Wounds | Chapter 7

(Fixed Grammar - Oct 9)

Pain..that was one word that described every time that Hiccup put that rag over your scales. Each time you would kick or flap your wings as you tried to move from the burning sensation, but each time Toothless would lay over your middle section, keeping you in place without rubbing against your broken scales. You gave up, resting your head on the ground and closing your eyes. You would still flinch then Toothless began purring. You were so caught off guard by his action, you flipped your head to were you could see his face. It was full of sorrow, "I'm sorry you got hurt.." He said resting his head on your upper leg. "I should have seen the whispering death...but I didn't. If I had then I could have helped you." He said, he looked like a kicked puppy. You licked Toothless' nose, "Its okay...I shouldn't have gone after it." You stated as you pushed Hiccup away with your rear leg. "I got there but, I didn't do anything. I watched as you fought that dragon." Toothless sounded like he had a guilty conscious. "Bud, You okay?" You heard Hiccup say as he set the cleansing rag down, he walked toward Toothless. But having none of it, you extended your wing, covering both you and Toothless. You placed your head on top of his, "Don't blame yourself. It was my fault I fought it." You said, then you licked his nose. Yes, some would call it a dragon kiss but, you didn't care.  Toothless was surprised, his expression was so frickin adorable. He got of you his face like a child in a candy store. You smiled as You saw Hiccup confused as you flew off ignoring the small pain in your side.

(Okay Small But To The Point, Right?)