Motherly Insticts| Chapter 13

(Fixed Grammar - Oct 11)

You felt Toothless shuffle, 'So he finally decided to wake up,' you thought as you nuzzled the top of his head. He let out a groggy "good morning" as he stood up a yawned. He ruffled his wings, then stretched, after that, he rolled onto his back. You stood up, shaking your self. "Well, morning sleepy head." You purred as you walked towards the entrance of the cave. "Toothless? Toothless bud come on!" You heard Hiccup yell, "Go on knucklehead, your rider needs you." You say, laying down in the sunlight that heated the front of the cave. He nodded "You should really come with, maybe find...a rider?" He said, the end sounding like a question. You rolled over, "Not today, I'm going to rest today." Toothless looked a little saddened, "Okay, come find me if you want to still try and find a rider, or just wanna hang." He said as he made an adorable face, then glided off. About a few minutes later you saw Toothless' black figure soar across the cloudy blue sky. You sighed, laying back down, you had a little time to yourself. That's when you heard the sounds of a baby crying rang in your ears. You got to your feet, running towards the sound of this baby crying. You didn't know why but it felt so natural. You ended up near a beach, you saw a very gruesome scene. A man with pitch black hair with arrows covering his back, his blood spilling onto the sand. Within his arms, a small baby wrapped in some type of animal skin. The man curled around his child, "n-no pl-please don't t-take her away." The man managed as blood pooled from his mouth. The baby was still crying, reaching her tiny arms out for, who I guess, her papa. You raised your head to try and prop the man up, but he was dead. You rolled the man over onto his side, revealing the tiny infant. She had mixed eyes, one icy blue the other grass green. She had a little black tuft of hair placed on top of her head, along with an amazing smile. Looking up you saw a group of men, they wielded bows and swords. The feeling of protectiveness kicked in, you retracted your teeth and picked up the small child. You ran a small distance before taking off, a few arrows hit your back but, you were un-phased, you had this weird urge to suddenly protect this infant like it was your own. You landed in the cave, the small infant crying once more as your landing wasn't the smoothest. You set the infant down, then cradled her in your tail rocking the baby slightly. She curled into your tail, almost hugging it. Your heart melted, you'd never seen anything so cute. You tucked your tail under your wing. Then later your head to where you could still see the infant.

~One or Two Hours Later~

You woke up from your slight nap, opening your wing slightly you checked on the infant, she was still curled into your tail. A wave of relief hit you as you closed your wing. Then you saw Toothless and Hiccup glide into the entrance to your den. You growled at Hiccup, you hadn't trusted him fully no way were you gonna allow him near this child. "Hey? Are you okay?" Toothless asked, picking up your sudden dislike towards Hiccup. "Leave your rider at the entrance and come here." You said as you checked under your wing once more. Toothless nodded, her nosed Hiccup back slightly and walked into the cave sitting next to you, tilting his head at your wing. You uncovered it, as Toothless jumped back in surprise. "W-where? H-how?" He questioned, looking at the incredibly small infant within your tail. "Her father was attuned and killed, I wasn't going to allow that to this sweet child." You replied licking the child's head. You could see Hiccup visibly confused until he heard the child's laughter echo in the cave. "Albany what do you have?" He questioned, taking a small step forwards. Your eyes turned to slits as you growled at Hiccup, One and only warning. "Albany please, he would know what to do." He said nuzzling the top of your head. You let out a little steam through your nose, allowing Hiccup to see this small child, it was yours. When Hiccup got close enough he tried to touch her, outta here with that, you smacked his hand with one of the sensors (the things on the side of your head). He reeled his hand back, "Great Thor and Odin." He said looking at the adorable child that was currently playing with your tail fin. "We need to get her to the village." Hiccup said as he again tried to take my child, I whacked him with my wing and growled, "You are not taking my child away. " you looked him, straight into his eyes, Toothless was on the side utterly confused.