7 - "the worlds most brilliant idea"

Reality

"I have the worlds most brilliant idea." When Blair looked up from his notebook, Mason was hovering over him with Corey on his left and Liam on his right.

All three of them sat down on the other side of the cafeteria table. "What is it?" Blair asked, continuing to answer a math question.

"Become friends with Sydney!" Corey suggested.

"The one with flee-"

"Yes, Blair," Mason said as he rolled his eyes. "The one with fleeky eyebrows. She's really good friends with Nolan and she's super sweet so if you become friends with her you're one step closer to him!"

Blair shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, maybe."

"What's wrong?" Liam asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

Blair shook his head and continued struggling through his math problem. "Do you need me to help you with math?" Mason offered.

Blair quickly shook his head and packed his notebook, binder, and calculator into his backpack before standing up and slinging it onto his shoulder. "No, don't worry about it. Class is starting soon, I'll see you guys later."

"See you in math!" Corey yelled as Blair hurried out of the cafeteria.

As he was walking down the hall, Blair could hear Liam yelling behind him. "Blair! Blair wait up!"

Jesus Christ, Liam.

Blair didn't slow down as he walked down the hall, but Liam eventually caught up. "Blair, what's wrong?" he asked, slightly out of breath.

"Nothing," Blair quickly replied.

"That's a clear lie," Liam said.

His blue eyes were burning into the side of Blair's face. Any time Blair was upset or angry or just having an off day, Liam wouldn't stop prying until he told him the truth.

"Listen, if you're having trouble with school again, Mason can tutor you. He really helped me through science last year and-"

"I don't need Mason to tutor me! I'm fine," Blair insisted.

"Blair bear you nearly failed math and science last year. Doesn't it scare you that it could happen again this year?" Liam reminded.

Blair stopped in the middle of the hall and looked his best friend in the face. "Look, I know your just saying this because you care and I love you for it, but please let me just do this on my own. I'll figure my math work out," Blair ensured. "Now leave me alone."

This time when Blair started walking away, Liam didn't try to catch up.

When he got inside his econ class, he sat down in his usual spot.

Time for Coach to be a psycho lunatic, Blair thought to himself but after getting out his binder and looking up to the front of the class, he saw Sydney talking to coach.

"Hey Mr. Finstock," she said sweetly. "I just switched into this class."

"From what?" Coach's loud voice echoed through the class.

"Chemistry," she responded.

"Somehow that doesn't surprise me. The only person dumber than you is Greenberg. But I don't think you'll be the one getting held back for two years in a row," Coach said and told Sydney to take a seat wherever.

Blair looked to the seat next to him and saw that the random boy who sits next him hasn't shown up yet. "Sydney!" Blair exclaimed and patted the seat next to him. "Sit here."

She looked a little taken back at first but decided to sit down. "Hey, Blair," she greeted him happily.

"Hey, how are you?" Blair greeted back.

The rest of the class was spent with the two of them making fun of how worked up Coach was getting about literally everything but economics.

By the end of the class, Blair felt like he was on the road to becoming friends with Sydney and it felt pretty easy. She was so nice that he actually wanted to be friends with her for more than just the benefit of having an immediate in with Nolan.

Blair parted ways with Sydney and began walking to his locker to drop off his econ things.

"Hey, Blair," Corey said.

"Hey," Blair greeted as he put his econ binder in his locker. "Sorry for storming off earlier."

"That's okay! Did you talk to Sydney?" Corey wondered.

When Blair nodded, Corey smiled excitedly. "Great! Phase one is complete. I'll contact you when I know what phase two is."

Blair couldn't help but giggle as Corey hopped off, kissing Mason on the cheek at the end of the hall. Nobody could deny that Corey is absolutely adorable and loveable.

As Blair walked to the bathroom before heading to math, he saw Liam at his locker. A few steps away stood Nolan typing quickly on his MacBook. Blair looked back at Liam and sighed.

He doesn't like you like that, Blair, he thought to himself.

But Nolan might.